|WikiProject Anatomy||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
The Proposed merges Are
I am proposing mergers to this page:
I am proposing these mergers because:
- As outlined at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Anatomy, there are many articles about the anatomy of the heart, and these are difficult for readers to navigate and unnecessarily fragment content
- These articles could readily be merged here with no detriment to content. This removes a 'fourth' layer of articles (Human heart -> Heart chamber -> Atrium (heart) -> Left atrium), and reduces the structure to three.
- This allows easy comparison between the chambers, and allows the dual left/right atrium/ventricle divisions to be easily displayed in a single page, rather than separated into separate pages.
- I feel this will improve the overall structure of these articles on Wikipedia, providing benefit to readers
- If at a later date there is sufficient content, these articles could be re-split.
Response to proposal
I agree that having heart chamber + atrium + right atrium etc is not the best structure, scattering information too much. The fact that left atrium + left vertrical are a working pair, ditto right versions is not obvious enough though and should be clearly stated. This article despite being an overview does not currently make better reading than the the separate articles as they now stand.
I am not sure merging the atrium and ventrical articles into this one is necessarily the best solution though.
What is your overall proposal for the set of articles revolving around the heart? Please indicate more clearly what the full set of articles would be and what content would be in each article. --Leopardtail (talk) 17:28, 21 June 2014 (UTC)
- Right heart and left heart have been merged to Heart.
- Have proposed Right ventricle and Left ventricle be merged to Ventricle.
- Think a better move would be to merge Heart chamber to Heart where it already has coverage.