Talk:Hereditary spastic paraplegia
|Ideal sources for Wikipedia's medical content are defined in the guideline Wikipedia:Identifying reliable sources (medicine) and are typically review articles. Here are links to possibly useful sources of information about Hereditary spastic paraplegia.
|WikiProject Medicine / Medical genetics / Neurology||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
moved from the article: Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia. Spinal nerve degeneration. Is there new inforamtion concerning generation of new spinal nerve material to replace degenerated nerves in spine?
Kosebamse 17:29 25 May 2003 (UTC)
Note: Added stuff from public domain text from http://www.ninds.nih.gov/health_and_medical/disorders/hereditarysp.htm
I strongly detest how this article was cut & pasted wholesale from the above url.
Macetw 13:17, 12 August 2006 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, as it was edited, it became much more technical and difficult for the non-technical reader to understand. I don't know what the problem is with closely paraphrasing public domain text which is written to be used to educate the public. --Nbauman (talk) 18:26, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
WikiProject class rating
This article was automatically assessed because at least one WikiProject had rated the article as start, and the rating on other projects was brought up to start class. BetacommandBot 16:27, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
The epidemiology section needs to be rewritten. The following resources would be useful in doing it:
- Coutinho, P; Ruano, L; Loureiro, JL; Cruz, VT; Barros, J; Tuna, A; Barbot, C; Guimarães, J; Alonso, I; Silveira, I; Sequeiros, J; Marques Neves, J; Serrano, P; Silva, MC (2013 Apr 22). "Hereditary Ataxia and Spastic Paraplegia in Portugal: A Population-Based Prevalence Study.". JAMA neurology: 1–10. doi:10.1001/jamaneurol.2013.1707. PMID 23609960.
- Haluk Topaloglu. "Hereditary spastic paraplegia : Epidemiology". MedMerits.com.
- Erichsen, AK; Koht, J; Stray-Pedersen, A; Abdelnoor, M; Tallaksen, CM (2009 Jun). "Prevalence of hereditary ataxia and spastic paraplegia in southeast Norway: a population-based study.". Brain : a journal of neurology 132 (Pt 6): 1577–88. PMID 19339254.
- McMonagle, P (31 December 2001). "The prevalence of "pure" autosomal dominant hereditary spastic paraparesis in the island of Ireland". Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry 72 (1): 43–46. doi:10.1136/jnnp.72.1.43. PMC 1737699.