Talk:Heroes (Willie Nelson album)
Heroes (Willie Nelson album) was nominated as a good article in the Music category but did not meet the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions on the review page for improving the article. Once these are addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.
Reviewed version: December 26, 2013
|WikiProject Albums||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
Lotta Engberg Connection?
Both her page and [Nelson's discography] cite another "Heroes" as an additional album that was released in Sweden. Did Engberg contribute to the Swedish version and not the American release? I can find no verification either way.
I need some sort of verification (source) that there is another album (with the same name as the one in the US) that features Lotta Engberg. Lots of Swedish websites and charts cite her as a contributor to the Swedish version of the album. Just look at her wiki page; her collaboration with Nelson is cited in the lead. I can find no sources that it exists, but both Nelson's discography and Engberg's say they collaborated on a "duet album" of sorts (also titled "Heroes"). This seems highly illogical, but I need a source. QValintyne (talk) 04:35, 1 August 2012 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Heroes (Willie Nelson album)/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
- Intro and non-prose sections
- Do we know what kind of album this is (studio, compilation, EP...)? The number of the record could be also added (tenth, eleventh album...)
- Furthermore, it would be nice if you mention the release date in the opening sentence, and cite the producer in the second one.
- The infobox needs additional filling; put the recording date and duration.
- Is it necessary to list all artist who are featured on the record. Mention the most significant ones.
- No need to say "All tracks performed by Willie Nelson" when it's his album actually. Instead, you can incorporate "| all_writing = Willie Nelson".
- Write a "Production" sub-section to "Personnel". Also put the rest of the artist to "Musicians".
- Did the album charted only on two charts?
- Critical reception
- I suggest to put the reviews in another section since there are many of them. You can cut non-star ratings from the box (Country Music Television, Chicago Reader, Star Tribune, Associated Press, and New York Post) since the limit is ten.
- Also exclude the ratings from the prose since they are given in the table.
- Regarding the first paragraph about the release info, that could be expanded with information about sales, charts, certifications, etc. If you couldn't find enough sources, you can merge that paragraph into the first section. Then the title would be "Recording and release". And speaking about the title, "Background" should be omitted anyway because there is nothing that speaks about Nelson's career background in that section.--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 10:04, 24 December 2013 (UTC)
Is it well-written?
- Clear & concise? Not done Although the prose is understandable, it's not "well-written".
- Manual of style compliance? Done
Is it verifiable with no original research?
- Is there a list of citations consistent with guidelines? Done
- In-line citations from reliable sources? Done
- No original research? Done
Is it broad in its coverage?
- Main aspects? Not done Definitely not broad enough since it doesn't feature many of the sections recommended in the WP:MOS-ALBUM.
- No more detail than needed? Done All the information in the article are related to the theme.
Is it neutral? Done The positive and negative aspects from the professional reviews are presented in the "Critical reception" section.
Is it stable? Done No disruptive edits can be seen in the article's history.
Does it have images where reasonably expected to have images? Done The cover art and the audio sample have non-free use rationale and their use is appropriate.
Conclusion: In its current condition, the article fails two important criteria. However, I'll leave the discussion open for a couple of days more to see if any progress will be achieved.--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 20:22, 25 December 2013 (UTC)