Talk:Idris of Libya
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Was he also known as Sayyid Mohammed Idris or Sayyed Mohammed Idris ? --Rajah 23:42, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
Emir of Tripolitania?
What is the basis for the contention in the succession boxes that he was "Emir of Tripolitania" from 1922 to 1951? The text doesn't seem to support the idea of any connection to Tripolitania prior to 1951. john k (talk) 17:55, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
I also protest the use of the phrase "first king of Libya," since first implies a second, and thereby successors, and there were none. I prefer last king of Libya, since he was the last person with the title King of Libya, so this is more appropriate in English. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 21:14, 8 December 2012 (UTC)
United States intervening in Suez Crisis
"Idris maintained close ties with the United Kingdom and the United States, even after the former intervened against Egypt during the 1956 Suez Crisis." USA never intervened in the Suez Crisis.
Child Trafficking & Child Marriage
I think the whole article should be made regarding this subject on Idris, or just few lines, it is well known fact that before 1969 aka Idris Rule, Libya was the portal of Child Trafficking, and Idris himself married underaged girls(read the book for knowing exact ages) by giving excuse of Qurans, Many sources back this fact.
- Amazing. Just Amazing. Your managing to outdo yourself with unreliable sources here.
- Dimensionbliss is a blog that is not even made by a journalist. What more the source starts out with
- "I cannot verify whether this is true or not, but it's certainly a very interesting compilation of information regarding Qadhafi and Libya..."
- Then you chose rumormillnews.com as a source. The name even gives it away as an unreliable source. Then when you click in to it, the headline is "NWO Pedophile trade". Just another conspiracy theory website. Sopher99 (talk) 14:58, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- It should be noted that with any other sources, mistakes are easy or easier to find, but when the things are itself sourced even inside the sources we are tend to use it as backup, I had asked for the sources which can prove these wrong, I don't think there would be really any. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Justicejayant (talk • contribs) 15:13, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Not mine, Haha, And second thing that they are not reliable just because they are not highlighted by western news channel, These notes should be highlighted as it was one of the reason why Libyans were against Idris, I don't know why it's not added before but we could. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Justicejayant (talk • contribs) 15:22, 20 March 2012 (UTC)