|This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Spanish Wikipedia.|
|WikiProject India||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Visual arts||(Rated Stub-class)|
Created on April 24, 2005. There was no main heading for the Art of India/Indian art (although there seems a strange listing on Arts & Entertainment of India???). The idea of putting in links for parents' use in opening up the wiki for greater use is also tried out - suggesting at some point another subdivision. This entry may have occasional additions, but with hope it shall be expanded by those who know more on this massive topic. As an aside the modern and post-modern Indian art is worth a followup, as indeed the influences of Indian art on other countries.
Our interest is of course related to Korean monks studying in India, and bringing back statues, books, and extensive knowledge to Korea from as early as the 12th century, thus disproving the fiction of Korea's isolation from the rest of the world. POofYS Dated 07:45, 24 April 2005.
Since Indian Art is a vast subject, it would be great if more people can help and contribute in this section. I have just started adding contents, but it would be great if someone can edit and contribute more. Also in an integrated approach of how traditional Indian art takes its source from mythology and philosophy, as this would give a good direction in understanding Modern and Post Modern Indian art.
"This article includes a history of Indian art, done by people within India, such as M_F_Husain or by the Indian people, or by Indian expats abroad."
some titles from article before June 14, 2005, that had no content.
- Hinduism and Buddhism of the ancient period (300 BC- 1700 AD)
- Islamic ascendancy (712-1757 AD)
- The colonial period (1757-1947)
- Independence and the postcolonial period (Post-1947)
- Modern and Postmodern art in India
- Performance art
Collaboration of the week
Can all editors list the areas of improvement for this article here....
- The article structure needs to be improved.
Can we also list similar articles in wikipedia to benchmark this with here...
- refer Category:Western_art
- French art
Arunram 09:40, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
- A greater number of images to represent the diversity of subjects (see media from Commons)
- The Copyright ofthe picture of Chola painting from the Brehadeeswara temple has not expired, as I am the photographer. I hereby give you permission to continue to use this photograph, with my credit. My name is Benoy K Behl.
- More authoritative sources
+A.0u 05:32, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- Alternatively, a translation request can be filed at Wikipedia:Translation, although the process is sometimes lengthy. +A.0u 05:34, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
The terms "Indian"
Aren't Pakistani art and Indian art the same thing? Put simply Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are of Indian origin, they are a part of the indian people. I think Pakistani art should redirect here. It wouldn't be a very good thing since Pakistan has a history with india. LOTRrules Talk Contribs 00:07, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
Oppose This article should be only about visual art, as is the case with other "Fooian art" national articles. Sections on music etc should be moved to a more appropriate home, which might well be "Arts and entertainment in India". Johnbod (talk) 14:10, 17 February 2010 (UTC)