|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Unsourced or poorly sourced contentious material about living persons must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Actors and Filmmakers||(Rated C-class)|
|Isabelle Adjani has been listed as a level-4 vital article in People. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as C-Class.|
|WikiProject France||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
unless she is a vampire she was not born in 1955, i just saw "subway"(made in 1985)and she looks to be around 20, oddly though, in "queen margot"(made in 1994)she also looks to be around 20.
i think she took over her mom s' birthdate... or be bitten by a vampire in the 70s
- The sources mentioned above also claim she was born in (a suburb of) Paris not in Bavaria.--DrJos (talk) 11:57, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
no documentation that he was of Berber background. Mention has been removed. Dogru144 15:36, 17 June 2007 (UTC) he was from constantine and djelfa he spoke arabic but i dont know if he was berber u can see that on one ofhttp://wikiwix.com/cache/?url=http://blogisabelleadjani.blogspot.com/2009/03/le-coup-de-boule-dadjani.html&title=%5B2%5D her last media report--Discodisco (talk) 17:24, 25 September 2010 (UTC)
WikiProject class rating
This article was automatically assessed because at least one article was rated and this bot brought all the other ratings up to at least that level. BetacommandBot 03:44, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
Shes HOT! :D user:Terrasidius 16 december MMVII 00:21 (GMT)
Place of birth
Because Wikipedia editors jumped from the fact that she grew up in Gennevilliers to the conclusion that she was born there. But, she was born in a hospital in Paris' 17th arrondissement. Fossa?! 21:54, 8 December 2008 (UTC)Ooops, sorry, it was just because that source was so readily available on the internet. Fossa?! 21:55, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
The German Wikipedia says, her mother's name is Augusta, and her nickaname is "Gusti". So, her name is not Augusta Gusti, but only Augusta. The surname is not known. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 07:54, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
Isabelle Adjani has no Turkish ancestry
Isabelle Adjani has no Turkish ancestry contrary to what was written in a very old article from 1976 from an unknown Greek journalist when Adjani was still almost unknown.
- First, read her biography "Isabelle Adjani: la tentation sublime", Michel David, 2008 : "Son père Mohammed Cherif Adjani est Kabyle"
- But the most important is that interview from Adjani herself in 2009 where she clearly says her father was Kabyle : « Mon père, kabyle, s'était engagé dans l'armée française à 16 ans, et c'est en remontant d'Italie jusqu'en Bavière à la fin de la seconde guerre mondiale qu'il rencontre et séduit ma mère » Interview with Isabelle Adjani , Télérama, March 2009 188.8.131.52 (talk) 08:30, 6 September 2012 (UTC)
- I have no problem with showing that she has Kabyle descent, but there is also sufficent sources which also state her Turkish origins.Turco85 (Talk) 09:28, 6 September 2012 (UTC)
- These sources that say her father was Turkish are based on the same old one from 1976. Adjani explained the reason for this in several interviews. First time it was in 1985 in an interview for Le Nouvel Observateur  where she explained why her mother used to say her husband was "Turkish" because she was ashamed of his Algerian origin. She also explained why she also asked him to change her firstname to Cherif instead of Mohammed as it sounded more "American" : "Elle ne supportait pas que son mari soit algérien. Elle disait qu'il était d'origine turque et je le croyais. Entre mes parents, il y avait un racisme conjugal. Ma mère traitait mon père de crouille et mon père lui répondait : Sale boche. Il s'appelait Mohammed mais ma mère l'avait obligé à à changer de prénom. Sur notre boîte aux lettres, il y avait: Cherif Adjani. Mais ma mère trouvait que ça faisait américain" etc 184.108.40.206 (talk) 07:52, 11 September 2012 (UTC)