|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This page was nominated for deletion on 13 December 2009 (UTC). The result of the discussion was no consensus.|
jDownloader also pop-up various advertisements while running. Some of these pop-ups do contain spyware.
This is not true, jDownloader just open a changelog window in the default browser after an update and you can deactivate this in the "Main" panel of the configuration (see the image). http://service.jdownloader.org/images/screenshot30.png
Make sure you installed jDownloader from http://jdownloader.org the jDownloader-Team have no influence on pages like Softsonic, and yes we hate the Toolbar they implemented against our will.
Hi , jDownloader by default will install spyware/adware in your computer they will instal lat least 3 3ºparty programs if you do not read carefully. those programs contain virus. you can check on virustotal.com So this is dangerous program and who know what it do on background mode — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:50, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
Review in Hebrew
- Added it myself after User:Okedem translated the essential idea. Pcap ping 10:06, 26 December 2009 (UTC)
- A thread from the official forum: jdownloader.com Is not related to this site. --188.8.131.52 (talk) 11:53, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
Tables of versions released
I've put a couple of tables of versions, one with the oldest and one with the newer, following what it says on the program's own website. I tried omitting updates of servers and focusing on the important things, but I have been long enough yet, because this program is updated often to overcome the obstacles made by the hosters. Although, there are articles even longer. I think the article is OK, but you can put these tables in a nwe article, or put a spoiler if you want to... and if you can, I do not know if wikipedia can put spoilers in articles, like in forums. --Rodamaker (talk) 00:10, 13 March 2011 (UTC)
First it is advisable to pre set up some things such as if you use no script. And also a pre run through of quickest way to get to disconnect and reconnect in your router configuration screens you need to know where is the Disconnect and Reconnect buttons and where is the reboot though reboot should only be needed if disconnect/reconnect is not available. That said all routers have all these options you need to find them first
A. Know which is you default browser. It is the one you have set your browser settings to be the default browser.
B. If use no script in your default browser open the default os browser (must be default browser you normally use that windows knows to open when a browser is needed to open. Start your default browser and add to the noscript settings Whitelist http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx your default gateway IP and select Add and exit noscript to save the setting, then exit the browser.
When use Create A New Script first backup any script you have then clear script windows and select save. The browser if has no script add-on will be different setting than for the wizard method you will see what you need to add to noscript whitelist while setup atm it is http:// and a port number. You need to add this to noscript whitelist afterwards exit the browser and quit Create A New Script setup. after start again Create A New Script.
I found the wizard worked best for router disconnect/reconnect and the Create A New Script worked best for router reboot setup methods
jDownloader Re-Connect Wizard
1. Allow jDownloader through all software and firewall connections windows or other software firewall (for windows you will see a pop-up box asking unblock now or later etc.. choose UNBLOCK
2. on jDownloader re-connection wizard screen change the IP to your router Default Gateway IP. You can find your router Default Gateway IP such as for Windows XP Select > Start Menu - Run - (type) IPCONFIG (press enter) it will show you default gateway of the router/modem Or Open Command Prompt (cli) and type IPCONFIG (any case) then enter. The router/modem Default Gateway will be shown
3. jDownloader re-connection wizard. Enter your router Default Gateway IP address where says IP Address and the router login name and user name in place provided.
4. Next to the Default Gateway IP Address is a button that will auto open your default browser. Select this button to open your browser there you should see your normal router login page with name and password pre filled in (from the wizard setup)
5. Now with no pausing go and disconnect the router then wait 3 seconds afterwards select reconnect. After it has reconnected return to jDownloader wizard and select the continue button
6. After a while or maybe a short while you may be offered to save the settings or even also offered to optimize the reconnection so becomes faster. I would always say yes to this as it does work.
7. After complete any test you do will always be far slower than the actual reconnection while downloading. For example the test for me takes between 1min 15 seconds to 3 minutes. In reality it takes 5 second to 15 seconds nowhere near the test, so test once if works it will be faster when downloading.
Any information entered in the re-connection wizard will not be included in the final script such as IP address or router login details. Neither will they be included in script if manually need to Create A New Script. It says this on the wizard and the wizard after you Create A New Script
Notes to jDownloader developers. The above is information to use where you need to use it. Also do update it as needed where needed.
Please do also include option for known one download per IP only then wait for hours before download again. The download servers plugin for a setting option for after download don't reconnect until a new IP has been reconnected. So not to try server that are known to allow one download the wait for hours before a new download. This is because where new download starts without new IP will ask for captcha and then fail. Then after will do the same again for when has new IP. Rather have one captcha to input than two and need to upset server by cancelling a captcha until have a new IP
Use an https or secured similar port for testing instead of user needing to fiddle around to unblock the testing with the wizard. One that needs no confirmation, certificate acceptance etc. I removed the UNBLOCK from windows firewall after settings were made and have a script the reconnect works the same after doing this
The captcha am I always inputting information to jDownloader database as it seems not to know many and more time when do see it work it isn't correct. I would hope everyone I send is going also to jDownloader pool of captcha for us all to have for use with jDownloader. Or even more a bigger pool for all software. But what of those new ones that are a jigsaw anything on the horizon for those !!
Thanks for keeping jDownloader active and the new v2 is the best yet. Though need to get to grips with packagizer thing so simple thing like rename header of Various for example on LinkGrabber becomes a folder with that name. Actually that option should be on the right context with both LinkGrabber and download list. Or maybe it is not named well enough for me to have seen it as so yet. Long way round is a long way round to do the same thing. Though better to have files in sorted folder than a folder full of files unsorted
Let's keep this chat space for jDownloader talk ;)
Edited: No OT now thanks for reminded we chat about jDownloader here
So now you will have two working entries for the database for this router, yesterday and today. For router disconnect/reconnect and reboot methods. This model has been around for years and has spawned many variants global wired and wireless types. I would say they all have similar settings for login, reconnect/disconnect and reboot
Can you add to the updated (or new) jDownloader reconnect guide whether the http://port_numbers is needed to stay on the noscript whitelist. And if it is ok to delete the jDownloader reconnect test entry in the firewall settings. Before reconnect setup neither were there or needed does reconnect after set need them. I will test but if you confirm also for other people reading the guide
Found bug maybe ! or something thats not quite right. When setting up reconnect Create A New Script I enter first the default gateway IP after when continue to the browser URL bar shows http://port_numbers Preferred and better if possible to use the same default gateway IP as entered previously as would normally be used. Just as the reconnect wizard setup does.
A few updates see this history page for the changes