Talk:Jewish Agency for Israel
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Jewish Agency for Israel article.|
2007 and 2008 comments
Rewrote the article entirely to reflect the two separate agencies. (I just know that it will be vandalized -- it's too straightforward, no Arab propaganda). —Preceding unsigned comment added by ScottAdler (talk • contribs)
- But the rewrite suggests it should either be moved to Jewish Agency, or be split so that the historically more significant Jewish Agency for Palestine has an article with that title. --Rumping 01:27, 10 November 2007 (UTC).
This article was revised by a Jewish Agency for Israel professional. All of the statistics are from existing Jewish Agency marketing materials as of May 2008. Glorydaze716 (talk) 16:55, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
I am an expert on the Jewish Agency - American Section. There is a wealth of relevant material now available which should be included. This includes, but is not limited to:
1. Members of the Jewish Agency American Section (JAAS) involved in surplus WWII arms theft from the US military and smugglin to Israel through not for profit groups.
2. Senator J.W. Fulbright's sworn Senate testimony of two Jewish Agency - American Section officials in 1963 hearings over the JAAS laundring of $5 million into propaganda and lobbying operations in the United States.
3. The 1971 withdrawal of the Jewish Agency - American Section's foreign agent registration after the DOJ forced it to submit its 1953 covenant agreement with the Israeli government, debunkeing JAAS's longstanding claims that it was not a subsidiary or linked to the Israeli government.
I think we can integrate all of that and appropriate links into a new section "Jewish Agency - American Section".
Task Force Against Anti-Semitism
The flags that have recently been added cannot be removed until there is discussion about the lack of neutrality in the article, the lack of citations, the way the article reads as an advertisement for the agency and the fact the article appears to contain original research from an "expert" on the subject. According to Wikipedia's policies, these flags cannot be removed until more discussion happens and a consensus is made that satisfies all parties. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 22:17, 7 June 2010 (UTC)
Your addition of tags to this article is a reflection of your POV. Please find a more constructive way of improving the article rather than defacing it. If there is a particular sentence that is not backed up, please mark that sentence. --Geewhiz (talk) 05:56, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
- Attempts by an anonymous editor to plaster this article with tags are highly suspicious. No article on Wikipedia is ever complete, and this article may need more referencing as suggested, but I don't see any discussion going on, or any efforts by the tag plasterer to state what he/she thinks the problem is. I am thus reversing the changes.--Geewhiz (talk) 04:40, 9 June 2010 (UTC)
Why is there not a section about the jewish agencies involvement in Hungrary
the liquidation of hungry jews? There should be a new section detailing criticism about the deal that various members of the jewish agency had with eichman and the suppression of information that led to 400,000 jews being gassed. —Preceding unsigned comment added by GeneralChoomin (talk • contribs) 03:46, 6 November 2009 (UTC)
- Whoops my bad. I got the Zionist Aid and Rescue Committee mixed up with the jewish agency. 05:37, 10 November 2009 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by GeneralChoomin (talk • contribs)
Copyright problem removed
Prior content in this article duplicated one or more previously published sources. The material was copied from: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=iv8nc39U310C&pg=PA139&dq=Amos+Horev&hl=en&ei=s3MZTI-dF4WclgfhmMGPDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Amos%20Horev&f=false, http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/judaica/ejud_0002_0009_0_09192.html and http://books.google.com.au/books?id=MkEfcykHD5kC&pg=PA296&dq=Amos+Horev&hl=en&ei=s3MZTI-dF4WclgfhmMGPDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Amos%20Horev&f=false. Infringing material has been rewritten or removed and must not be restored, unless it is duly released under a compatible license. (For more information, please see "using copyrighted works from others" if you are not the copyright holder of this material, or "donating copyrighted materials" if you are.) For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or published material; such additions will be deleted. Contributors may use copyrighted publications as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences or phrases. Accordingly, the material may be rewritten, but only if it does not infringe on the copyright of the original or plagiarize from that source. Please see our guideline on non-free text for how to properly implement limited quotations of copyrighted text. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously, and persistent violators will be blocked from editing. While we appreciate contributions, we must require all contributors to understand and comply with these policies. Thank you. Mkativerata (talk) 21:12, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
I don't know what the redirect guideliness on Wikipedia or what issues come with that. But if possible it would be great if someone changed the following redirect:
From: Jewish Agency for Palestine -> Jewish Agency for Israel To : Jewish Agency for Palestine -> Jewish Agency for Israel#Jewish Agency for Palestine 1929-1948