Talk:Kain (Legacy of Kain)
|Kain (Legacy of Kain) has been listed as one of the Video games good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated GA-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Fictional characters||(Rated GA-class)|
The following editors are available to help with questions about verification and sources
in relation to this article:
This in no way implies page ownership; all editors are encouraged to contribute.
SR 3/BO 3
...3? Did I miss something? O.o - SkarmoryThePG 14:32, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
- My best guess is someone using those terms in conjunction might be referencing Defiance. While the the 5th game in the series, it's the 3rd game where you control Kain and Raziel respectively, so someone may misunderstand and label this game with those terms. Tyciol (talk) 04:00, 23 October 2009 (UTC)
Ideally, the sections about the different games (All of which should be marked as off topic), should be amalgamated into their respective topics of the games themselves, and not in the article of one of the characters. User:126.96.36.199 22:43, 1 March 2007
Game 2, Chapter 3
What in the world is "Game 2, Chapter 3" in the evolution section supposed to mean? 188.8.131.52 17:21, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
- This question refers to this incarnation. 'Game 2' indicates Soul Reaver, which was the second game produced in the Legacy of Kain series. While 'game 2' could be confusing to readers (one might assume it could indicate Blood Omen 2, for example), the statement in question is preceded by 'Soulreaver' and references the opening sequence of that game. I'm not sure about the 'Chapter' since I haven't played the game, presumably it was broken down into chapters or it could refer to cutscene sequences. Tyciol (talk) 04:00, 23 October 2009 (UTC)
Why not just isolate Kain (video game character) as a reference to the character and include specific info and internal links, and rename the majority of the article to Legacy of Kain: Plotline (Video game) or something of the sort. --Ouroboros 22:29, 4 August 2007 (UTC)Ouroboros0427
Character was designed by Amy Hennig
Evidence? Any at all? I was under the impression that Silicon Knights designed the overwhelming majority of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain including its characters. Ms Hennig is a member of Crystal Dynamics. This is completely unsourced and should be removed. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 02:15, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
- Perhaps the editor confused Kain with Raziel (who was invented by Amy Hennig) when writing that. Denis Dyack created the original concepts and storyline for Blood Omen, so I've attributed Kain's creation to him. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 23:00, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
- LoK Prodigal Sons
- YouTube videos: , 
- Taringa description. Ubuntu 10.04 april 2010 (talk) 21:30, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
Kain is referred to as a noble or a nobleman... in any of the games has it indicated what his title may have been? Something like that would give us a full name to go by. There are implications that he served the city kingdom of Willendorf under King Ottmar based on what he says to him and the similar armour, right? Based on the armour, could he possible have been a knight, could we call him Sir Kain or could he have been of a higher rank like Count/Viscount/etc. or possibly a title that only exists in Nosgoth and not our world? Tyciol (talk) 03:47, 23 October 2009 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Kain (Legacy of Kain)/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
I'll give reviewing this a shot since it's been up here forever. Wizardman 16:19, 15 February 2013 (UTC)
Here are the issues I found:
- "2003's Legacy of Kain: Defiance returned to the aged," I'm not a fan of starting a sentence with a number, would prefer rewording.
- The ref in the Eastwood image caption isn't needed since it's reffed in the body of the text.
- "He fights Kain a second time in the Chronoplast," what's the chronoplast?
- "list of the top 5 videogame" top five
Overall, rather well-written. As someone who hasn't played the games I was able to follow along easily enough. Article's on hold, will pass when the issues are fixed. Wizardman 17:32, 15 February 2013 (UTC)
- Wow, thank you very much. I've just now applied fixes which hopefully resolve those four issues, but let me know if there are any others and I'll be happy to address them ASAP. (The Chronoplast is the time machine, but I swapped the order of that sentence around to make it clearer). --LoK Wiki (talk) 23:56, 15 February 2013 (UTC)
- Looks good now, so I'll pass the article. Wizardman 03:55, 16 February 2013 (UTC)