|WikiProject Computer science|
Ideas for improvement
This is a collection of things I'd like to see added to this article. I plan to write this stuff myself, but, if others in the meantime would like to add, I would appreciate it. godsmoke 09:40, 17 October 2005 (UTC)
- Explanation of RFMON (this may spread into its own page ... but it's a small enough topic to cover here for now). Also explaining why Windows can't support a Kismet server (due to lack of available RFMON drivers).
- Applications/scripts bundled with Kismet (mainly GPSMap)
- Various front ends (gkismet, kismet-qte, wirekismet)
- Sharp Zaurus support
- Supported cards
- Links to/comparison with other scanners both free and commercial
Wiki page title
So, the wiki title of this page is "Kismet (program)" usually in the case of a piece of software's name conflicting with other wiki pages, the title is changed to "NAME (software)" it's more accurate than "program". Any objections to moving it? godsmoke 06:36, 17 October 2005 (UTC)
The last paragraph states that the client communicates with the server using a proprietary protocol. Am I missing something here? Kismet is GPL. How would you keep the protocol secret? 184.108.40.206 23:57, 10 July 2005 (UTC)
- That was my fault -- and you're absolutely correct -- was just a mistake of phrase. godsmoke 03:14, 17 October 2005 (UTC)
help using kismet:
I was wondering if someone would tell me how i run kismet on windows and if there are any hardware specs required.