|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Musicians||(Rated Start-class)|
- 1 No mention as to what "LCD" stands for.
- 2 OMMOMGMGGGGOd SOo AwwEWEsome
- 3 GTA4
- 4 "Their" versus "his"
- 5 LCD Soundsystem or lcd soundsystem?
- 6 New live band
- 7 Sounds Like Silver
- 8 Photograph
- 9 Genre
- 10 "will be playing..."
- 11 Where are they from?
- 12 Why isn't drummer Jerry Fuchs (R.I.P.) mentioned on this page?
- 13 Did the appeal work?
- 14 Person or Band?
- 15 Discography
- 16 Phil Mossman
- 17 DVD of final show / Shut Up and Play the Hits
No mention as to what "LCD" stands for.
Does anyone know?
OMMOMGMGGGGOd SOo AwwEWEsome
How is it that this article doesnt even mention how brutally fantastic this "music" is. I put music in quotes because I think it should actually be called "devine metahipsterism." 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:12, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
"Their" versus "his"
Surely, if all studio recordings is just 1 bloke, it ought to be, for example, "his first single" instead of "their first single". Duke toaster 19:20, 20 August 2006 (UTC)
LCD Soundsystem or lcd soundsystem?
I've always wondered what the official spelling of the band is. The logo itself makes it seem that's simply "lcd soundsystem" but I don't know how LCD became all capital letters. I guess doing some research on their official website would help in this case. Douglasr007 05:18, 25 December 2006 (UTC)
- Both Amazon and the official web site capitalise the letters in this way. The logo can be safely disregarded because most of the text on the self-titled disc is lowercase too. -- Techtoucian 00:54, 26 December 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, I just noticed the official forum also has it as "LCD Soundsystem" just checking because the MySpace, which I would guess would be under operation of James Murphy, has it as lcd soundsystem. Thanks anyway. Douglasr007 02:27, 27 December 2006 (UTC)
New live band
From reading the diary section on the web site it looks like the makeup of the band has changed. It appears that Tyler and Phil are no more (!!! are also on tour at the same time so no Tyler isn't a surprise). There is a comment on the forums that one of Hot Chip is playing guitar. None of this a proper source of course but we should look out for one. Secretlondon 07:11, 26 February 2007 (UTC)
- Al Doyle from Hot Chip is playing guitar on the Sound of Silver tour, no idea who is playing bass. Secretlondon 15:53, 5 March 2007 (UTC)
Sounds Like Silver
I don't think this needs to be mentioned on the main LCD page, as it really has nothing to do with the band except using the album tracks as a starting point. By all means have it on the Sound of Silver page but it's unnecessary here. Plum743 00:08, 13 March 2007 (UTC)
I think the term "proper albums" looks strange and pov Secretlondon 03:06, 19 March 2007 (UTC)
Sorry to sound harsh, but that picture is not so great. I realize we need to follow fair use, but isn't there a better picture of him? One that doesn't cut out other people? (He's pretty cute - surely, there's a decent face pic of him that falls under fair use?) NickBurns 20:31, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
- Good call, replaced it with the picture from the James Murphy (electronic musician) article as A) It's clearer and B) It at least shows him on LCD duty. I think finding a full band image may be difficult, especially considering the line-up is fairly fluid, but if you take one, please upload it. Plum743 23:50, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
"will be playing..."
I took out this little bit:-
- "LCD Soundsystem will play the Big Day Out 2008 in New Zealand and Australia, along such acts as, Rage Against The Machine, Björk, Arcade Fire and Dizzee Rascal."
as I'm pretty sure that there's no need to say things like this, otherwise you'd have to say "LCD Soundsystem will be playing the Manchester Academy on October 21, the Glasgow Barrowlands on October 22" and so on. Tour dates are better left to official websites and stuff like that. Plum743 18:30, 3 October 2007 (UTC)
I don't think Something Great charted. I looked last week and it wasn't in the UK top 75 singles. Anyone got access to greater than the top 75? Secretlondon 04:09, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
Where are they from?
- It is mentioned in the Infobox that they are based in New York City Plum743 (talk) 01:18, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
Why isn't drummer Jerry Fuchs (R.I.P.) mentioned on this page?
- Jerry Fuchs was a member of the larger DFA family but never recorded for or played with LCD Soundsystem Plum743 (talk) 13:00, 18 November 2009 (UTC)
Check that. He played with LCD Soundsystem on their first LP tour. There was a press release in November 9, 2009, wherein they state that he did so. (http://themusicslut.com/2009/11/lcd-soundsystem-releases-statement-regarding-the-death-of-j-fuchs/) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:17, 4 February 2010 (UTC)
Did the appeal work?
Person or Band?
- LCD Soundsystem is a band. I agree, the intro wording is a little confusing. Does anyone have a problem with changing it around? I don't mind making the edits myself. --TravisBernard (talk) 22:49, 28 February 2011 (UTC)
- No idea that page even existed. Is it strictly necessary, as the discography is not exactly massive? Plum743 (talk) 13:00, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
Why isn't Phil Mossman referenced in the Past Members section on the right hand side. Is this an oversight? He is mentioned at the bottom of the page in the Band Members. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Tk123 (talk • contribs) 23:35, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
DVD of final show / Shut Up and Play the Hits
Article makes mention in Post break-up section of a release of both a DVD of the final performance, and a documentary titled 'Shut Up and Play the Hits'. To my knowledge, the show was included with the documentary, though I am not certain of this. JoshuaKGarner (talk) 22:22, 22 July 2013 (UTC)