|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the LDS fiction article.|
|WikiProject Latter Day Saint movement||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
The biographies under the "notable authors" heading have a very unprofessional tone and many were likely written by the authors themselves. I think the whole section needs a rewrite. --Steven.Harris (T | C) 06:20, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
- As with similar articles (like List of essayists, for example), the list should be only those that meet notability requirements, such as a Wikipedia articles or references to sources that meet WP:RS. Flowanda | Talk 21:20, 17 October 2007 (UTC)
- I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by doing this, but given Steven Harris' comment above, I've removed the following authors because they don't meet the notability requirements. It seems to me that merely being a published author doesn't make the author notable. I'd prefer to see at least a couple newspaper, or other periodical articles about the author to justify including them as a notable author. -- Kslarsen (talk) 22:09, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
- I've never seen so many red links and vanity edits in a single article before. Does anyone care enough about this topic to clean it up? GreenGlass(talk) 01:02, 15 August 2013 (UTC)
Links to LDS Bookstores
Is it just me, or is the link to LDSGrand.com basically self promoting. Its not like this is the LDS Amazon.com or anything!! It seems to me that either a serious attempt should be made to list many LDS bookstores, or these links should be left out.
I also question including Dialogue in the list of LDS Publishers. The list should probably make the distinction between book publishers (the others) and magazine and journal publishers -- the latter should also include Sunstone, Irreantum and probably also Segullah.
- These both seem reasonable to me. Let's hear from some other editors before we make these changes. — Val42 (talk) 05:22, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
- Lacking any further discussion over more than 2 months, I've gone ahead and removed LDSGrand.com
Image copyright problem with Image:Floravfisher.jpg
The image Image:Floravfisher.jpg is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
When I removed http://www.motleyvision.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/slowlyflowering_mormonlit_wmmorris2000.pdf from the article as an improper source per WP:ELNO, I was concerned that it might have been used broadly for the structure and content of this article. I don't have time to look back in the history to confirm atm, but I wanted to at least note the possibility of an WP:OR problem.