|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Musicians||(Rated Stub-class)|
serious editing of article
Wikipedia will delete any article that has such serious flaws as this does. Will try to do meatball surgery on it but know nothing about the content. Articles should not be deleted if they are of noteworthy persons, etc., but unfortunately they will be if they do not stand up to Wiki policy.--Technopat 13:00, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- Have deleted the following as I can find no reference on Wikipedia and do not know if they are songs, albums, TV programmes ...
- If anyone knows any thing about them, please clean-up (the wikilinks to the people are duds) and include them on the article page.
- Am also deleting the following ref.:
- as Wikipedia is not a PR forum --Technopat 13:25, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
Please clarify: are you saying Liam Genockey is not notable? Ogg 09:33, 17 August 2007 (UTC)
- Didn't mean that at all! Sorry if that's what I led you to understand! What I meant was that articles on important people have been deleted because no-one was willing to clean them up, while on the other hand, there are many articles on insignificant people, etc., that are accepted because they comply with Wikipedia in their format, etc.
- There are many people, like Liam Genockey, who should have had a page long ago ...
- I don't know if that's the case of his son, as the two references given are not yet included on Wikipedia. If he's notable, he should have his own article page. Regards, --Technopat 11:31, 17 August 2007 (UTC)
Sorry about the misunderstanding there. I heave a sigh of relief. I had never come across the phrase "meatball surgery" before. I now guess that your original complaint was something along the lines of "There are not enough blue links in this article". Ogg 13:35, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
- Greetings Ogg, heave away at those sighs of relief! Regs., --Technopat 07:35, 20 August 2007 (UTC) Ps. Someone needs to find date and place of birth, etc. 'cos Wikipedia people are really fussy about such things!!
- According to an astrology website (http://www.astrotheme.fr/en/portraits/v3gNw63m54E5.htm) Liam was born in Dublin on August 12, 1948 at 9.00 AM. I'm afraid it's the best I can do. Ogg 19:21, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
- It'll keep the hounds at bay - trivialities such as the truth get perfected along the way here at Wikipedia! :) Regs. --Technopat 21:27, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
Greetings, I have just added an infobox to the article but for some reason the instruments bit doesn't show up. Does anyone know what knobs to twiddle to get it right? Regs. --Technopat 21:54, 21 August 2007 (UTC)