|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Lina Inverse article.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Well, I've gotten this page started, as before this major character only had a short blurb on the main Slayers page. (Why the heck do the gods of Slayers get their own pages, but no one did one for the MAIN CHARACTER?! o.O) Someone needs to fill in Slayers Next, as I haven't seen a single episode of it. -RannXXV 04:39, 16 December 2005 (UTC)
This has been deleted from the article; it is speculative or talks of Slayers in general
In the series Pokemon, when Ash and Misty first meet, Ash is responsible for the destruction of Misty's bicycle, and she vows she's going to follow him around until he replaces it. This is a possible reference or parallel to Slayers. Both series feature a volatile, outspoken redheaded female (Lina/Misty) following a somewhat dim male (Gourry/Ash) around with the general purpose of obtaining something that the male has no real intention of handing over (the Sword of Light/a replacement bicycle). Both series have this point as often fading into the background or seemingly forgotten entirely, and there are implied romantic feelings between the male and female leads in both series.
Gourry's Sword of Light strongly resembles a lightsaber, and even uses most of the same sound effects for powering up, powering down, and cutting through objects or encountering resistance.
Numerous references to various Dungeons & Dragons spells carry over from the series' origin as a D&D campaign, such as Fireball. Others have similar visual effects as those in D&D spell descriptions, but have different names.
Gerard Foley 13:37, 16 December 2005 (UTC)
Agreed. I got carried away, I suppose. -RannXXV 20:05, 16 December 2005 (UTC)
- The second paragraph should go into the Gourry Gabriev article, hint hint ;) Gerard Foley 22:30, 16 December 2005 (UTC)
- Hey, I already wrote a full article for one of the main Slayers characters, it's someone else's turn for Gourry! Besides, I just plain don't know enough about him. He's a pretty generic Fighter, maaaaaybe with a level of Paladin in there. They don't talk about his past a lot. -RannXXV 23:14, 16 December 2005 (UTC)
Lina is certainly a notable character in anime in general, and a certain amount of description and history is certainly appropriate, but do we really need details on who she is "shipped" with, etc.? It just makes the article look less serious and more fancrufty. DenisMoskowitz 19:06, 16 December 2005 (UTC)
- It's a pretty standard part of a lot of anime entries on Wikipedia. The consensus is usually that as long as it's made clear that it's a fandom thing, and it helps if it's in its own section, then it's fine. Remember, while it's important to keep things NPOV and all, Wikipedia is not a paper encyclopedia, as per its own rules. It doesn't have to conform to standards for "professional" publishing as long as the information is accurate, presented in a neutral fashion, and considered in some way relevant. As Lina is a high-profile character with a great deal of fanworks surrounding her, including fan art, fanfiction, and all the rest, fan interpretations of her are a valid notation. -RannXXV 20:02, 16 December 2005 (UTC)
In "Slayers the Movie", Lina says that she comes from Zefilia. I wonder if this shuould be included.
Doberdog 23:38, 20 December 2005 (UTC) doberdog
184.108.40.206 09:50, 22 February 2006 (UTC) Shouldn't there be full voice actor information included on that article? It's there in the Slayers article. I'm just curious if Megumi Hayashibara has been the Japanese voice actor for the whole show (TV + OVA + movies)
- Megumi Hayashibara めぐみ林原 was the Japanese voice actor for the TV, OVA, movies and Video games. Feel free to add the information. Gerard Foley 01:50, 25 February 2006 (UTC)
Would the Gourry/Lina shippers please cease to turn the relationships section into being all about Gourry and Lina? The section is an outlining of the various views and perceptions people have about her relationships, it is not for pushing one relationship over the others. -RannXXV 19:32, 3 April 2006 (UTC)
- Meh, another reason to nuke that section - having it at all will attract vandalism by partisans of various sorts. That said, I'll leave it alone for now. DenisMoskowitz 02:00, 4 April 2006 (UTC)
- I added it in the first place to flesh out the article, address certain points, and because it seems pretty standard for series where there's any romance factor at all. That said, if people keep POVing it, I'll nuke it myself. -RannXXV 09:35, 4 April 2006 (UTC)
You want me to change? --HanzoHattori 06:57, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
Guess no, okay. --HanzoHattori 14:59, 31 May 2007 (UTC)
Lina Inverse picture
Request image of Lina Inverse for a profile picture. Thanks. :) KyuuA4 16:39, 4 September 2007 (UTC)