Talk:List of BBC newsreaders and reporters
|WikiProject BBC||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Journalism||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
Radio (OR lack of it)
This article fails to mention that the correspondants work on radio too. As it lists presenters on the news channel and world news it should also list those on five live, world service and radio 4. I intend to ammend the article to include this - but I ask anyone who can help to do so as I may not be able to find all the information necessary. Uvghifds (talk) 15:54, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
What happened to Kylie Pentalow?
presenter / reporter / 8pm producer BBC east midlands today oct 2007 to present
presenter / reporter BBC south today (oxford) oct 2006 to oct 2007
presenter / video journalist BBC birmingham tv and BBC midlands today oct 2005 to oct 2006
researcher / video journalist BBC newsround oct 2004 to apr 2005
television reporter BBC points west oct 2002 to oct 2004
think you need to add her, whoever wrote this page.
This page is incorrectly titled. It should be "List of BBC national newsreaders and reporters". (Then there would be no need for Kylie Pentalow to want to appear on it ...)
The BBC website has now moved news from Oceanan into the Asia section (with significant criticism). Should we therefore reflect this and move the correspondents from Australia and NZ into the Asia section? Uvghifds (talk) 17:54, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
Article tidy up
I think this article needs tidying up a little - so here are a few of my thoughts:
1) Put the contents box at the top left of the page, remove bbc logo and remove sub sections - e.g. Europe, Asia - so that there is a reduced contents, but easier to use.
2) The correspondents are not in any clear order in several sections. Obviously promoted personnel, eg. the subject editor or chief correspondnet need to be at the top, but the rest should be in alphabetical order. With forgien correspondnets it is slightly more complicated, as surely it is better to have people in the same place next to each other. So, I suggest with foreign correspondents ordering as: promoted (i.e. editor), then alphabetical order of cities, with correspondents in alphabetical order within that city.
3) BBC World Service Presenters need to be added, which could be complicated as I don't think their shift patterns are as ridgid as others listed here. Maybe would be best to have them listed under programme - e.g. The World Today - Komla Dumor, Max Pearson etc.
4) I think that the weather presenters appear across so many different shifts on raido and tv that to have listed responsiblities as we currently do (inaccurately) is not sensible. I suggest a simple alphabetical list of all weather presenters.
5) I'm not convinced that the section on programme presenters falls under the remit of this article. Many other BBC News programmes are made which aren't listed here - and surely programmes that happen to be shown in segments on BBC News or BBC World News should be listed seperately on the appropriate channels page.
Finally, 6) As an extra thought - this article has a very broad range of information. Although it may be good to see it together - it may be more user friendly to seperate it into two seperate articles - BBC News Presenters ; and BBC News Correspondents. Any thoughts?
Hariet Cass and Susan Rae
- They are indeed missing, as are 'newsreaders' on all radio stations. Although they have the title newsreaders, this article focuses on journalists who work for the BBC. Harriet Cass and Susan Rae are both announcers, who often read the news. They never write the scripts, unlike say George Alagiah on the BBC News at Six. Although technically they are newsreaders they would not fit into this article which aims to list journalists. This may be more of a reflection on the article's title. Uvghifds (talk) 16:35, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- ah thanks for the insight. -- 00:10, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
What has happened to this article? Someone has taken away many people from the correspondents section. This should not just be British TV correspondents, but all those working for the BBC on each topic, eg. for the World Service. Please help to return these if you can! Uvghifds (talk) 17:24, 29 March 2013 (UTC)
- There has been a masacre! At first I thought it was just World Service correspondents who had been taken away. But it's not - many who appear on UK Radio and TV all the time had been removed. So I have copied and pasted an old version from a few months ago into the correspondents sections. There are minor errors - please help correct them :)