Talk:List of Babylon 5 episodes
|WikiProject Television / Episode coverage||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Babylon 5 (Inactive)|
Somebody on purpose mixed up the production code, mostly interchanging the production code of one number with 1 less, probably so that if you download a pirated copy of Babylon 5 episodes according to this guide, you get the wrong one. I've rectified it for Season 1, 2 and 5, Season 3 & 4 seem to be unaffected, but the biggest mess was in Season 1 and Season 5. Please lock this article, so TimeWarner employees cannot change it again. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- Have reverted this, you seem to be unaware of what production codes are, they are not the episode order, these episodes were produced/broadcasted out of order. Xeworlebi (talk) 08:04, 19 June 2011 (UTC)
Remove wikipedia articles for each episode?
Maybe I'm begging for a beating by asking this here, but: as a user of wikipedia, I think the "One article per each episode" is sort of overwhelming. I don't like it for a few reasons.:
- It clutters up the namespace (example: while searching for "The Summoning", the video game, I end up at "The Summoning", the Bab5 episode. Given the huge number of episodes, that's significant.
- Each individual article doesn't contain all that much data, but has lots of metadata.
- The entire project is completely duplicative of The Lurker's Guide. If this was on a Bab5 wiki it would make sense, but I think it's a hell of a lot of overhead to jam into a general-purpose encyclopedia.
Am I entirely alone in this, or are there other people who think that this might be overdoing it a bit? If there's consensus on this, I'd like to propose the following:
- Change all wikilinks in List of Babylon 5 episodes to point to their corresponding Lurker's Guide entries.
- Mass delete all of the wikilinked per-episode articles, perhaps making an exception for the pilot movie.
- Sorry for the late reply, I only saw this today... I'd have to say that I totally disagree with changing wikilinks to point off Wikipedia because since there is no original research on Wikipedia everything here is already out there somewhere. The point of Wikipedia is collate useful information here rather than simply point people elsewhere. That said, I also don't think it's particular useful to have one article for each episode. What I think would be best is to organise the episodes into omnibus articles (as per WP:FICT) for each season, rather like they have for Lost season 1 episode guide then put the Lurkers guide in as an external link at the end. -- Lochaber 13:46, 10 August 2005 (UTC)
Updated Episode List Style
I've updated the first season episode list to a style in fitting with other episode lists on wikipedia. Unless anyone has any serious objections, I'll continue with it when I have some more time.--Warpfactor 11:47, 17 August 2007 (UTC)
- I've done up the season 2 list in the same style. Additionally, I added different coloured lines to each season, based on the DVD colour schemes. But if you want to redo the episode descriptions, I'll understand. -- Bronzethumb (talk) 11:56, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
Mentioning the improved episode order?
Shouldn't it be mentioned that there exists another order which actually improves it? The Lurker's Guide assembled it based on JMS's posts on the Internet. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:53, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
Season 5 episode 1
Why is it that there doesn't seem to be one?
- The short answer is simple: There is. It is merely called 502 rather than 501. The long answer is hard to explain: The episode now known as 523 was originally produced as 422. However, when the fifth season was greenlighted, a "new" 422 had to be written and produced. This left one too many episodes. Apparently the original 422 got pushed to 501, couldn't stay there, but once the first episode of the fifth season had to be numbered for production reasons, became 502. The old 501 became 523, as it *has* to go last (and JMS admits in DVD commentary he did not finish post-production on 523 for emotional reasons until the last possible moment prior to air). (Man, somebody clean up my explanation so it makes sense.) (Also, the episode shuffling is explained in note 1 in the article.) --Aladdin Sane (talk) 21:22, 21 September 2009 (UTC)