Talk:List of CB slang
|This page was nominated for deletion on 19 February 2010. The result of the discussion was Speedy Keep.|
Announcement concerning slang glossary policy discussion
As you are probably aware, there are many slang glossaries on Wikipedia with widespread acceptance, yet virtually all of them , either of these solutions would save a lot of time and effort wasted on fruitless AfDs. You are welcome to join the discussion. --List Expert 10:00, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
I see no reason to delete this article; truck drivers (I'm one myself) have a culture and language all their own, and this article serves to help understand it.--Lpimlott (talk) 04:38, 1 November 2009 (UTC)
- I added notability dispute to this article. This article is better suited for Wiktionary not wikipedia. Wikipedia:Wikipedia_is_not_a_dictionary --Ssavilam (talk) 04:38, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
It says in the article "which developed ... during the 1980s.".
It seems to me that this would be better as "1970s". As the article on Citizens' band radio says, the highpoint of CB was in the early 70's, and there were several movies using this slang in that period, eg Convoy and Smokey and the Bandit.
- It's probably unintentional, but it's definitely ignorant. It gone, bye-bye. ←Baseball Bugs What's up, Doc? carrots→ 01:43, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
- Trying to save space here causes problems:
- Alpha / Beta / Gamma – the meaning of the three synonymes.
- There are easily duplicates of this at A, B and G. Should this be made:
- Alpha – the meaning of the three synonymes. (See also Beta, Gamma)
- Beta – see Alpha
- Gamma – see Alpha
- 184.108.40.206 (talk) 09:10, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
Original research tag
This list is largely referenced, and I suspect a number of entries are locally used or simply made up. The references that are in place are largely low quality as well. Lots or work is needed to make sure the list is well referenced to reliable sources. --TeaDrinker (talk) 20:53, 10 January 2014 (UTC)