Talk:List of anarcho-punk bands
|WikiProject Philosophy||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
I am the drummer for the Anarcho/D-beat/Peace-Punk band Diatribe, we are still very much active and releasing new music almost 30 years later, we are also very active in international anarchist direct action, no disrespect to the post-punk Diatribe, and we don't pretend to want to be the sole owners or users of the name Diatribe as that would go against our principles, but this list is clearly referencing our band. User:punkmar77 5:12 (PST)
Combine with Anarchist Band list
Shouldn't all the bands on this list be put into the list of all anarchist bands/munitions? Some on this list are already on the others, but not all.
Does anyone know of any good anarchist metal bands? I really like punk, but (some) metal sounds really cool, but most of the lyrics suck. Anyone have ideas. I just got Napalm death's new cd and that's pretty good. Any ideas?
- Dsytopia, Amebix, and Axegrinder are some I can think of. There's alot of crossover crust punk/metal bands. Dwnsjane2 04:43, 6 November 2006 (UTC)
I'm removing anti-flag. They have stated on their faq that they are not anarchists. Perhaps they did it just to be more appealing to the mainstream, but if they did, that too would make them unanarchistic. They seem to be more middle of the road socialists.
- Yeah, that's right -- it says on their wikipedia article that they encouraged people to vote, which is not something anarchists do. But this issue raises an important point: is anarcho-punk just a music style or is it more than that? -- james
- it's back, im gonna take it off. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 23:50, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
Remove bands without Wikipedia articles
All bands without Wikipedia articles should be removed, since there's no way of verifying whether they are anarcho-punk bands. Spylab 22:38, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
- Definitely most of them. I know that Karma Sutra are though, as are Thatcher On Acid. I am actually going to start a Thatcher On Acid page today or tomorrow I think. Ungovernable ForceGot something to say? 07:40, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
- Can't see why you would want to do that. Each broken link was there waiting for someone to create the page. Stutley 18:52, 1 February 2007 (UTC)
- That's not the way things work on Wikipedia. Otherwise anyone could make up a bunch of fake band names, or list their own non-notable band in order to get publicity. It would result in lists that are way too long, and cluttered up with dead links. The norm on Wikipedia is if a band isn't notable enough to have its own article, it's not notable enough to be on lists such as this. If you think a band is notable enough to be on Wikipedia, feel free to create an article about them (following Wikipedia guidelines for notability and citations).Spylab 11:31, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
- Karma Sutra deserve a mention and a while back I did create a page for them using my limited knowledge. It just stated that they came from Luton and a discography but someone came along and decided to remove it... —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Stutley (talk • contribs) 18:31, 2 February 2007 (UTC).
Just google those bands. You will find proof on the internet. It is no true that you have no way of knowing, as you said.
I don't mean to solve this problem on my own, but i am convinced they should not be deleted since there are other articles that use the same criterion.
The articles have not yet been written, but they exist and we can atribute credit for their existence nevertheless. Besides, this might encourage other people to actually write the articles.Maziotis 01:49, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
Why don't you just delete the ones you know for a fact they don't exist?Maziotis 01:53, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
- That's not the way Wikipedia works. It's not the responsibility of Wikipedia readers to google the band names to check if they are real or notable. If the bands aren't notable enough to have Wikipedia articles, they aren't notable enough to be on this list, or any other Wikipedia list. If you think the bands are notable, feel free to write articles about them. Wikipedia lists are guides to find articles that are already on Wikipedia, not a wishlist of articles you want other people to write for you. Spylab 10:56, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
Well, yes, that seems fair.Maziotis 11:05, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
Is there really any point to this article?
Where is Napalm death?
- Might want to look into this before calling them a anarcho-punk band* http://www.anarcho-punk.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8247 http://www.anarcho-punk.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2752 http://www.revleft.com/vb/exploited-t41374/index.html?s=6f4ed0e19e478d942dfc32f13120fced&t=41374 — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 22:45, 6 February 2013 [Comment moved from the article page. --Malcolmxl5 (talk) 18:32, 2 March 2013 (UTC)]