Talk:List of districts of Serbia
|WikiProject Serbia||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
Note: All official material made by Government of Serbia is public by law. Information was taken from official website.
Make better and standardize
I've done some reordering of the districts on this page and in the template (alphabetical order is much more natural for a random reader, not familiar with the geography of Serbia.
I've also "touched up" the articles for the districts in Vojvodina. If they're good this way, I could use some help with standardizing the rest. Zocky 00:27, 28 Jun 2004 (UTC)
come on standardize it
This articel must be renamed to District of Serbia during Milosevic time. and must be putit in Category History of Serbia--Hipi Zhdripi 04:00, 16 April 2006 (UTC)
This article, Regions of Serbia and Subdivisions of Serbia share 90% of information. I fail to see why it needs to be repeated, and, apart from the list of "regions", districts and municipalities and maps (most shared), what else could possibly be written about the division in general? I hate forks for no apparent reason. Duja 11:12, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
On the "Serbia organization" section
The two following sentences are not clear (at least I couldn't understand their meaning):
- Under the law, the municipalities, cities and settlements make the bases of the territorial organization.
- By its Enactment of 29 January 1992, the Government of the Republic of Serbia defined the state administration affairs that shall be run by the competent Ministries out of their seats, within the districts as regional centers of state authority.
Also the "Serbia organization" title could be changed to "Territorial organization of Serbia".
Being not familiar with the topic, I won't introduce any change myself. -- Best regards, Evv 08:37, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
- Good spot. It's copied from http://www.arhiva.serbia.sr.gov.yu/cms/view.php?id=1010. It's legalese combined with poor translation. I'll try to clarify it somewhat. Duja► 16:02, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
Map of serbian districts
Clearly there is a question about what to say about Kosovo's districts.
The POV of the Government of Kosovo is that Kosovo is not part of Serbia.
The POV of the Government of Serbiais that Kosovo is part of Serbia, albeit a part outside the control of the Government of Serbia.
I would think there are two possible neutral POV ways of dealing with this situation
- Kosovo district should not be inclueded here, but instead including a link to Districts of Kosovo.
- Kosovo districts should be included in this article because of Serbia claim to Kosovo.
I've adopted the second choice, but other editors should feel free to adopt the first choice and delete the Kosovo districts from this article.