Talk:List of geometers
some names to be added:
- ? Chan - the famous chinese differential geometry
- ? Smale - the blind guy who did inverting the sphere i think
- William thaunbder (sp) - manifold ..
- ? William Gosper - fractals? computer algebra system... famous for his "flowsnake" at least.
some projective geometry contributors not yet there
Brianchon Dupin Chasles
Dates of birth and death
.. need to be added for each entry. Michael Hardy 00:10, 20 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- One would think that his work, the first systematically organized geometry handbook (a Stoicheia Elements if you will), would certainly qualify him in this category. Excellent suggestion, 147dot226dot225dot117. JimScott (talk) 22:20, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
Ordering by birth?
- Would not his work in spherical geometry qualify him in this category? Just curious. JimScott (talk) 21:55, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
Jacob Fishbein commented out.
I commented out Jacob Fishbein because I cannot find any Google results for him as a mathematician. A food blogger, yes. A student presenting a tongue-in-cheek powerpoint comparison of American and Spanish tennis players, yes. A teacher at The Crossroads School in Baltimore, Maryland, yes. One Harold Jacob Fishbein graduating from University of Chicago in 1914, yes. But, no mathematical mentions. More than happy to be wrong; please provide article meeting Wikipeda guidelines when you re-institute his name. JimScott (talk) 21:49, 27 October 2013 (UTC)