Talk:List of human clusters of differentiation
|WikiProject Molecular and Cellular Biology||(Rated List-class, Low-importance)|
Just a personal note- This should be an important list. It contains important information, and as far as I know, no complete list exists for all the clusters of differentiation used. A set is known within each field, but Wikipedia is here to aggregate and organize data. Added 2 I found referenced in a paper. Obviously someone knows what they are, but I cant find the answer. CD165 and CD107a— Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk)
I have added CD155. I agree that this is an important list. I think the names of these articles make them difficult to locate. In Manual_of_Style#Article_titles it states, "A title should be recognizable (as a name for or description of the topic), natural, sufficiently precise, concise, and consistent with the titles of related articles." None of these articles are recognizable or natural. I think the titles are too concise. They are consistent with related articles however. I propose that all of these articles be renamed so they are recognizable and natural.
- ALT1: It would be appropriate to rename article "CDNNN" to "Cellular protein cluster of differentiation CDNNN"
- ALT2: rename article "CDNNN" to "Cellular surface receptor CDNNN"
- ALT3: rename article "CDNNN" to "Biological antibody receptor CDNNN"
- ALT4: rename article "CDNNN" to "Cell differentiation molecule CDNNN"
- Current favorite is: ALT4: rename article "CDNNN" to "Cell differentiation molecule CDNNN"