Talk:Lost Colony (play)
|WikiProject Theatre||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to make this a factual article and not just an advertisement. Ciperl 17:45, 5 January 2007 (UTC)
- Think of yourself as a casual reader who just wants to know what it is. Work on the intro in particular for some general info that people need. WP:GTL might be helpful. NickelShoe (Talk) 18:09, 5 January 2007 (UTC)
Wikipedia articles follow the Wikipedia:Manual of Style. I have made numerous edits to bring this article in line with the manual, including:
- Headings within articles follow "sentence case" not "Title Case -- see WP:MOS
- Dates should not generally be linked -- see MOS:SYL
- plain English words should not be linked, and repeated links should not be made to the same things -- see WP:OVERLINK
- don't link articles that don't exist unless you are planning to write those articles soon-- these "dead links" show up in red instead of blue
- Wikipedia articles should adopt a neutral tone -- see WP:NPOV -- much of this article has been written in an excited, promotional voice. Please remember we are writing an encyclopedia article, not a tourist brochure.
- When referring to a place, "site" is the correct word. "Sight" refers to vision.
- links to other articles should not be made within headings -- see WP:HEAD: "Section names should not normally contain links, especially ones that link only part of the heading; they will cause accessibility problems."
- The long list of actors and their biographies is inappropriate for this article -- see Wikipedia:Article size and WP:DIRECTORY
- Decades follow this format: "1980s" not "1980's" -- see WP:MOSNUM
- Wikipedia does not use honorifics like "Miss Jones".
- "pf" is a typo that was restored when my first edits were reverted. This is not a word.
I suspect that much of the material that is being added is being copied and pasted from another source. Please see Wikipedia:Copyrights. Doing this can lead to instant deletion of the article to protect Wikipedia from copyright infringement, and to blocking of editors who do this. In particular, the alumni bios were copied from here, which is a violation of TLC's copyright. This stuff will be deleted immediately if it re-posted. Ground Zero | t 17:08, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
My apologies for the copied content, since I wrote that content that was posted on the website, I thought I would have permission to use my creation again. Thanks for the other notes and corrections. I will add more later.Johnbuford (talk) 19:08, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, Wikipedia has no way of knowing if you have permission to use the content from its owners, TLC, even if you are the person who wrote it. In any event, the actors' bios belong in their articles, not here. Regards, Ground Zero | t 19:40, 3 April 2009 (UTC)