|WikiProject Pornography||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
What does MILF stand for please? •TALK• 16:47, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- It stands for "Mother I'd Like to ______".....fill in the blank. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 20:09, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
MILF pornography has more content, so MILF (slang) should be merged here. (Just to make things difficult, Talk:MILF (slang) has a lot more content than Talk:MILF pornography so the former should replace this page.) HairyWombat 04:02, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
- Comment: The old slang page used to have more content than it does now, as long as you are looking for stuff to merge. I have no opinion on whether to merge the two, but I expect the proposal to win consensus. Binksternet (talk) 04:17, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
- Keep: Pornography should come under article MILF. More simple and develops more knowledge about the slang. 20:14, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
- It is not clear to me what it is you are proposing. Are you suggesting "keep" as in keep what we have (with no merge), or that MILF pornography should be merged into MILF (slang) (a reverse merge)? I object to the former (because the contents are so similar), but could happily live with the latter. HairyWombat 22:57, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
- There are many words that have more than one meaning. I would assume that both meanings should be included, if only to warn people that there ARE two meanings of this word. (Billy Angus) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Billybubbles (talk • contribs) 00:01, 9 March 2014 (UTC)
- Most of the time that the term MILF is used, it does not refer to porn, so MILF shouldn't be merged into this article. the term MILF was popularised through American Pie, before the term was frequently used in porn. MILF porn already existed, but it wasn't called that. Jim Michael (talk) 16:14, 9 March 2014 (UTC)
- I agree with Jim Michael. I was surprised to see them merged.--Mapsfly (talk) 03:47, 16 January 2015 (UTC)
- Support originally-proposed merge above. While I agree that the term "MILF" isn't always referred to as a pornographic term, the MILF slang term Wikipedia article has minimal content that appears to be basically, already present in this article here, which pretty thoroughly discusses the origin & modern use of the term "MILF". Guy1890 (talk) 07:44, 18 May 2014 (UTC)
Not sure what the outcome of this discussion is but someone's gone and redirected the slang page to here already. Going to remove the merge discussion tag for now Cannolis (talk) 09:30, 16 August 2014 (UTC)
- I just undid the redirect for now as no content was actually merged or moved over. Essentially it was an article blanking disguised as a redirect. We can finish the conversation here and hopefully arrive at a consensus. --Scalhotrod (Talk) ☮ღ☺ 09:13, 16 January 2015 (UTC)
- Keep each separate article. The large majority of women who self-identify and/or are referred to as MILFs are not porn performers. The term MILF does not originate in porn, is not a porn-only word and is therefore not a sub-topic of this article. If you heard someone being referred to as a MILF, or self-identifying as one, you wouldn't think of porn, let alone assume that she's in the porn industry.
- This article being longer than the MILF (slang) article does not show that this is the primary topic; it shows that many Wikipedians are interested in porn and that the MILF slang article is too short (it used to be significantly longer). The MILF (slang) article should be lengthened - it's a commonly used word in several countries, yet it fails to mention what such women used to be referred to before the term MILF was popularised.
- This term, as well as several other sexual terms to refer to women, such as Cougar (slang) and Yummy mummy, are often misunderstood.
- Jim Michael (talk) 10:15, 16 January 2015 (UTC)