|Macrotarsomys petteri is a featured article; it (or a previous version of it) has been identified as one of the best articles produced by the Wikipedia community. Even so, if you can update or improve it, please do so.|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Macrotarsomys petteri/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
Okay, you know the drill :)
'Its distribution may have shifted because of climatic changes and competition with introduced species. - I'd rejig this to "Climatic changes and competition with introduced species may have impacted upon/affected/reduced its distribution. "
- Done. Ucucha 08:42, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
"vicariant" which is an unusual word, is not mentioned in the Allopatric speciation article at all (apart from as a target for the redirect). I'd think of linking to a wiktionary def if there is a good one, or adding material to the linked article and redirecting to the subheading maybe....or possibly using a plainer english term?
- Reworded. Ucucha 08:42, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
cover hairs" - I don't recall this expression before though I think I cna guess what it means...link or gloss maybe?
- They are the main fur, in contrast to the guard hairs which are longer and extend over the cover fur. I've glossed. Ucucha 08:42, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
I am thinking WRT logical flow that sentences 2 and 3 should swap places in the Distribution and ecology section. See what you think.
- Sentence 2 refers to the Andaladomo forest region in general, not to the fragment where they found M. petteri, so I think it's better as is. Ucucha 08:42, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
1. Well written?:
- Prose quality:
- Manual of Style compliance: -
just the minor issues outlined above. Fairly straighforward. Casliber (talk · contribs) 05:32, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
2. Factually accurate and verifiable?:
- References to sources:
- Citations to reliable sources, where required:
- No original research:
3. Broad in coverage?:
- Major aspects:
4. Reflects a neutral point of view?:
- Fair representation without bias:
5. Reasonably stable?
- No edit wars, etc. (Vandalism does not count against GA):
6. Illustrated by images, when possible and appropriate?:
- Images are copyright tagged, and non-free images have fair use rationales: N/A
- Images are provided where possible and appropriate, with suitable captions: N/A