|WikiProject Spain||(Rated Start-class, Top-importance)|
|WikiProject Biography||(Rated Start-class)|
Manuel Azaña is the great grandfather of my friend, and I will try to gather more specific family information for the article in the coming weeks. - Kitkatcrazy 19:41 23 Jul 2007 (UTC)
I removed from the article the following:
He comprised of the Revolutionary Committee (1930), that contributed to the restoration of the Republic, in whose provisional government it later occupied the portfolio military the first and Presidency. The elections to Constituent assemblies in June of 1931, confirmed to him like Head of the Executive, position of which will resign in September of 1933. In April of 1934, already in the opposition, Domingo obtained to the republican unit with the parties of Marcelino and Santiago You will marry Quiroga, giving rise to Republican Left, political organization of whom was chosen President. In October of the same year it was stopped under the false accusation to be implied in the revolutionary events of Asturias and Catalonia. He remained jailed of the destroyer Sanchez Barcáiztegui, anchored in the port of Barcelona on board.
Can anyone make head or tail of it? I tried to turn it into english but gave up. FearÉIREANN 03:41 20 Jul 2003 (UTC)
- My try.
- He comprised of the Revolutionary Committee (1930), that contributed to the restoration of the Republic, in whose provisional government it later occupied the positions of minister of Defence and minister of the Presidency (the first ??). The elections to the Constituent Assembly in June of 1931, confirmed him as Head of the Executive, a position that he would resign in September of 1933. In April of 1934, already in the opposition, Domingo obtained to the republican unit with the parties of Marcelino and Santiago Casares Quiroga, giving rise to Izquierda Republicana, whose president he was chosen. In October of the same year he has arrested under the false accusation of being implied in the revolutionary events of Asturias and Catalonia. He was held on board of the destroyer Sanchez Barcáiztegui, anchored in the port of Barcelona.
- It seems an automatic translation ("Santiago You will marry Quiroga"). Bingo:   
- They all seem lifted from . There is a copyright sign at the end of the page.
- -- Error
An automatic translation, eh? Well, that clears up the question about the "Augustinos of the Dump."
I removed the following text because it was copied from http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/SPazana.htm .
- In 1931 Azaña joined with other liberal politicians that took part in the successful revolution that led to Alfonso XIII leaving the country. In the first government of the Second Republic Azaña became minister of war. He introduced a series of reforms that upset senior army officers.
- Azaña believed that the Catholic Church was responsible for Spain's backwardness. He defended the elimination of special privileges for the Church on the grounds that Spain had ceased to be Catholic. Azaña was criticised by the Catholic Church for not doing more to stop the burning of religious buildings in May 1931. He controversially remarked that burning of "all the convents in Spain was not worth the life of a single Republican".
I consider that this article fails to maintain NPOV. Azaña's actions during the first few days of the war are criticised without reference and without providing an opposing point of view. The fact that he seeked to appoint Maura as PM before turning to the left is overlooked. --Gandalf57 (talk) 14:35, 17 September 2011 (UTC)
The infobox, and the succession template only list him as President, but the "Prime Ministers of Spain" template lists him in the succession of Prime Ministers. What gives? Murderbike (talk) 21:08, 14 January 2008 (UTC)