Talk:Milky Way (mythology)
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Material included in the associated project or article page was split from Milky Way Galaxy on 2005. The page history of that page now serves as the attribution history for the contents of the associated project or article page.|
|The content of Silvery River was merged into Milky Way (mythology). That page now redirects here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected page, please see ; for the discussion at that location, see its talk page.|
Split and merge
Agree with Milky Way pages being linked... but everything is not equal to everything. Why merge Silvery River into Milky Way? Both are poetic... but not equivalent merely because they describe the same thing. Brodo 07:08, 3 September 2005 (UTC)
I don't mind you splitting mythology off from the main article and expanding on it here, though I do think the galaxy article needs to keep at least one summary paragraph on the topic. What I do really mind is the name. I cannot believe that most people thinking about the "Milky Way" are looking for a page on it's mythology. I would suggest that this be moved to "Milky Way (mythology)" and that "Milky Way Galaxy" be here instead. Dragons flight 16:03, August 27, 2005 (UTC)
I argee that it should be at "Milky Way (mythology)" --Ctachme 18:13, 27 August 2005 (UTC)
- I went ahead and made these moves and updated the relevant links. Dragons flight 19:00, August 27, 2005 (UTC)
- Milky Way should be a dab page, with
- night sky appearance
- being separate articles. 184.108.40.206 18:40, 10 November 2005 (UTC)
Questions after merge
I merged "Silvery River" here, but had some questions that I hope someone can answer:
- someone had inserted comments in the text claiming that the story of Rhea was from Hyginus so I put it in a "Roman mythology" section. If this isn't right please fix it.
- what are the Chinese/Korean/Japanese names for Silver River and Seventh night? If someone knows the characters and pronunciations please add them.
- the single line about Amerindian mythology needs some expanding. Hopefully someone knowledgable can fill that in.
Tocharianne 05:47, 30 December 2006 (UTC)
List of names for the Milky Way
I created a new page List of names for the Milky Way to list the names in various languages. This article (Milky Way (mythology)) can be reserved for actual stories about how the Milky Way was created and got its name. Tocharianne 17:47, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
Why does Great Sky River redirect here? Please explain in article or remove redirect.