|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|WikiProject Oz||(Rated Start-class)|
- Perhaps the disambiguation page should show up when entering Munchkin in search... --126.96.36.199 18:44, 27 May 2005 (UTC)
- No, because usages of the word all tend to stem from this meaning.--The_stuart 20:00, 27 May 2005 (UTC)
What about munchkin cats? There ought to be a link at least to them!
- Look up top, there's a link to Munchkin (disambiguation) which gives a link to Munchkin (cat). --woggly 09:01, 28 May 2006 (UTC)
BTW MUNICH is german city :) lol
- The books are exactly the opposite in that respct, so no. --Scottandrewhutchins (talk) 18:30, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
I've seen two versions of the scene in question. The first is a VHS tape that was the original theatrical version. Whether or not there is an actual person or something else in the background isn't clear, but is is definitely hanging, and definitely not a bird. MGM overlaid an image of a bird over the background for the re-release on DVD years later, possibly as a response to the bad publicity caused by the so-called "conspiracy". — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 16:48, 16 August 2011 (UTC)
Living as of 1989
I undid a few revisions to put back Raabe and Slover in the list. The reviewers probably did not realize this list is for those living "as of 1989" rather than "now". -- Saveur (talk) 05:02, 17 November 2011 (UTC)
- According to the paragraph above the first chart, there were 33 actors who played munchkins still alive when the book was written. The "as of 1989" chart needs some work.Juve2000 (talk) 18:28, 17 November 2011 (UTC)
- I now wonder if the "as of 1989" section needs to be there at all. Maybe a single, complete list, with dates of birth/death when known, comments "still alive" when applicable, and a introduction sentence "X of them still alive as of (Year)" would be enough. -- Saveur (talk) 00:21, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
File:Munchkins-film.jpg Nominated for speedy Deletion
An image used in this article, File:Munchkins-film.jpg, has been nominated for speedy deletion for the following reason: Wikipedia files with no non-free use rationale as of 3 December 2011
Don't panic; you should have time to contest the deletion (although please review deletion guidelines before doing so). The best way to contest this form of deletion is by posting on the image talk page.
Living as of 1989?
What's the point of having a table of Munchkins who were living as of 1989? I know that's the 50th anniversary year of the movie but it still seems odd to have this arbitrary table. At this point, there are only two living Munchkins left. Why not keep that table and merge the "living as of 1989" into the "Deceased" table? --SamuelTaylorColeridge (talk) 15:18, 20 August 2013 (UTC)
The Munchkins whose death and birth dates are N/A
How do we know if they are living or not? Granted it is confirmed that the Lollipop Guild guy is the last one living (Must be great being a member of that then) but what do we know about the ones who are N/A? As well as the other kid stars from it. Wgolf (talk) 18:23, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
- It is a complex situation, I did a search of a bunch of the ones where I could find no reliable source confirming their death rather than just leaving it blank I placed Not available. Most likely anyone born before 1900 is no longer living and in some cases some of the actors had no SSN to their name. As for the child actresses it is claimed that the Lollipop Guild guy is the last one living but then I found a source confirming still alive child stars so that further complexes things. - Knowledgekid87 (talk) 19:47, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
That's true-I always have to make a comment whenever I see that scene that he is still alive. (It will be so odd when he is gone as I can no longer say that!) But yeah its like how I thought that every actor and actress that were in a silent film had died by the mid 2000's, when in fact the last one only died a few years ago.Wgolf (talk) 19:54, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
- Oh wow, didn't know that =o. Anyways if you do find reliable sources with the deaths of the munchkin actors feel free to add them. - Knowledgekid87 (talk) 20:07, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
Last surviving Munchkin v. last 'Dwarf' Munchkin
I made an edit specifying that Jarry Maren was the last known surviving 'dwarf' munchkin actor. The edit was quickly reverted. However, my edit was consistent with Maren's wiki article. which states: "Jerry Maren, is an American actor and the only confirmed surviving dwarf munchkin from the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz, in which he portrayed a member of the Lollipop Guild. He became the last surviving dwarf Munchkin cast member (there is one confirmed living Munchkin actress who is not a dwarf) following the death of Ruth Duccini on January 16, 2014"
My understanding is that the Munchkins were played by both dwarf and non-dwarf child actors/actresses. Did not Priscilla Ann Montgomery Clark play a Munchkin? Thanks in advance for any explanation provided. AJC3fromS2K (talk) 07:09, 24 April 2014 (UTC)