Talk:Never Have I Ever

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from Talk:Never have I ever)
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Food and drink (Rated Start-class, Low-importance)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Food and drink, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of food and drink related articles on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
Start-Class article Start  This article has been rated as Start-Class on the project's quality scale.
Checklist icon
 Low  This article has been rated as Low-importance on the project's importance scale.
 
 
WikiProject Games (Rated Start-class, Low-importance)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Games, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of game related topics on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
Start-Class article Start  This article has been rated as Start-Class on the project's quality scale.
 Low  This article has been rated as Low-importance on the project's importance scale.
 

Comments[edit]

Don't you hate those people who add a cleanup tag and then abandon the article? Well, I have two points. 1)The article is full of firsthand experience (see WP:OR) masquerading as encyclopedic knowledge. 2)I'm going to bed, but I don't want to abandon the problem. Deltabeignet 07:33, 30 December 2005 (UTC)

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but really, how do you create a "pop culture" kind of article? Something like this isn't the type of thing to have sources, but that isn't to say that its not the type of thing to exist on Wikipedia.Crazekid 21:34, 30 March 2006 (UTC)

Does my edit of 7 Jan suit? MikeMorley 21:28, 7 January 2006 (UTC)

Trivia[edit]

I think we should make sure the trivia section doesn't get out of hand - those can get really big and bloated quickly. --Awiseman 21:52, 10 July 2006 (UTC)

Purpose[edit]

Does anyone else think the "purpose" of the game can be eliminated? After all, it's already stated in the introduction. SujinYH 16:45, 31 July 2006 (UTC)

Actually I think it's ok. It doesn't really say as much in the intro. --Awiseman 17:21, 31 July 2006 (UTC)

Changes[edit]

I copy-edited the page and moved it to it's more common title.  hmwith  talk 14:17, 29 June 2007 (UTC)

There is a variant used as a stripping game.... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 129.2.42.248 (talk) 16:23, 19 November 2007 (UTC)

Do you have any source or even any particular reason to think this is the more common name? I've certainly never heard of "Have I Never" but I could believe it was common if there was anything to back that up.

More importantly, these don't sound like the common rules. I find it hard to believe the hokey "10 finger" thing is especially common (how does that even work if you're drinking at the same time anyways?). And it's missing several standard rules which are important to make it a workable game.

62.232.55.118 (talk) 14:04, 12 December 2007 (UTC)

I have never[edit]

I've never heard of the fingers variant, but everyone I know in the UK calls this game 'I have never', and we just say 'I have never xxxx' instead of 'never have I ever xxxx'. Still the same drinking / getting to know you game. I don't how how you make it show up on searches though, so couldn't do that.

Also, just wondering, does the example have to be 'had anal sex'? I know the same is 99% sexual questions (the other 1% being questions about crime), but maybe a more family-friendly example could be thought up. —Preceding unsigned comment added by JaffaCakeLover (talkcontribs) 17:31, 23 August 2008 (UTC)


Never[edit]

Although it is non refereced/has no citations, i still think this article is a keeper. It's not poorly written, somewhat light and the sort of subject thats harder to cite. IAmTheCoinMan (talk) 10:57, 1 March 2009 (UTC)


Some links to sources that can be cited[edit]

I don't have the time to incorporate this information bu someone who wants to save this article from deletion should check out:

Also, please REMOVE the original research. It's just inviting the deletion debates. THANKS OfficeGirl (talk) 15:14, 25 June 2009 (UTC)

Improvement[edit]

I'll improve the article along the lines of how I did to Kings (see the page before & after). I hope to get around to this in a few days. hmwithτ 19:09, 2 July 2009 (UTC)

Useful quote[edit]

"Games such as never have I ever "reveal interesting things about the participants and help build friendships", according to one American college student"

This is a really, really useful quote. Thanks for putting it in. 67.71.112.140 (talk) 23:44, 7 February 2013 (UTC)