Talk:Nicknames of Vancouver
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|WikiProject Vancouver||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Proposals for addition
- This nickname has been popping up in local media over the last few years:
- No Fun City- a name arising from controversial regulatory frameworks for liquor licenses and live music venues in the city.
More examples of use: , Reuters article on lessons learned from 2010 olympics
Thoughts? The Interior 19:58, 6 September 2010 (UTC)
- I've heard of it, but it could be a label for any city that is considered a bore or has a dull night-life, I've heard the tern No Fun City applied to other cities as well. -- œ™ 16:39, 17 September 2010 (UTC)
- User:Herman Lumpster added the below entry on Sept. 23, moved it here for discussion. The Interior (talk) 19:39, 23 September 2010 (UTC)
- Vangroovy  - If Vancouver is said to have a lax attitude towards drugs (see Vansterdam,above), then combining "hippie" era slang for positive vibes is a natural.
- Good reference, and Google search show quite a few hits. Would rewrite entry for tone though, don't like the conditional. The Interior (talk) 19:57, 23 September 2010 (UTC)
- Fylan, Kevin. "No Pressure, London - "No Fun City" Shows How It's Done". Reuters. Retrieved 17 August 2010.