|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Operation Spring article.|
This article has some major innaccuracies. Operation Spring is widely considered to be an absolute disaster. the Black Watch Regiment was massacred on Verrieres Ridge [there was a show on history Television about it on Thursday, March 29], the Calgary Highlanders got bogged down in St. Martin. The attack required precise timing, and it was off by nearly four and a half hours. Operation Spring was the result of bad planning, and it was a disaster.
Climie.ca 16:09, 30 March 2007 (UTC) Cam
- Right, and TV shows are never unbiased. Case in point: the Valour and the Horror, which was so out of whack the government had to step in and make them cry Uncle...I believe Operation Spring was the focus of one of their episodes too...184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:15, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
I've been seriously working on this article for the last month and a half, and it's FINALLY B-Class Standards. This is good. Cam 17:48, 9 June 2007 (UTC)
- Before the vandalism to the article, casualties were placed as "over 500" killed and "1000" wounded or captured from: 
- Tout (in a book not on Operation Spring, but covering Goodwood and Cobra - he mentions the spring casualties in passing mention when talking about attacks on going at the same time as Cobra) places killed at 450 and wounded at 1,100.
- killed could be changed to read 450-500+ using both referances?
- same with wounded and captured? Although Tout does not mention a figure for captured.--EnigmaMcmxc (talk) 15:26, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
Was it raining?10:20, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
Level of detail
Can we delete or minimize the information about French departments? Not that interesting that Caen is part of Calvados. COnfusing details. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Feldercarb (talk • contribs) 02:18, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
Депортация из Литвы: операция "Весна" (май 1948) 4.12. Докладная записка министра МВД Литовской ССР И.М.Барташунаса, начальника Управления конвойных войск МВД СССР В.М.Бочкова министру МВД СССР С.Н.Круглову об обеспечении проведения операции "Весна". 18 мая 1948 г. 4.13. Справка начальника отдела спецпоселений МВД В.В.Шияна зам. министра МВД B.C.Рясному о завершении операции по переселению членов семей литовских "бандитов и националистов, а также пособников бандитов, кулаков и их семей". 16 июня 1948 г.
- Copp, Terry (May/June 1999). "The Toll Of Verrières Ridge" (HTML). Legion Magazine. Canvet Publications Ltd. Retrieved 2007-06-20.