Talk:Penn State Nittany Lions
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I started this page, but it is lacking in details. I believe other information, such as coaches, players, football history, facilities, etc should be added, but I haven't had the time to do so, any help would be greatly appreciated. S. Ellis 20:45, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
- Are you at main campus? If so, talk a walk over to the All-Sports Museum at Beaver Stadium. Aside from being free, it is great. They have all kinds of hardware there, including a trophy case on the ground floor for all the awards won by the sports other than football. RockinRobTalk 19:58, 4 June 2006 (UTC)
- Currently, I am home...but yes, when I'm at PSU, I'm on the main campus. Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out! S. Ellis 21:10, 4 June 2006 (UTC)
- I wouldn't mind, but please see this message. Thanks, GChriss <always listening><c> 13:27, 12 September 2006 (UTC)
- Hmm, that's an interesting point, I never thought of that. But I think athletic facilities still could be included under that title (after all, it's the Nittany Lions who play in them), and I dunno if intramurals are really notable enough to garner more than a brief mention in the main Penn State article... -Elmer Clark 21:05, 12 September 2006 (UTC)
- I think a move to Penn State Nittany Lions makes more sense.Ltv100
- I've submitted a request for an admin to move this page to Penn State Nittany Lions and subsequently establish a redirect from this page to that one. -- PSUMark2006 talk | contribs 22:32, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
1911 and 1912 national champions?
User:Forceten removed 1911 and 1912 from the list of national championships. It appears that the "National Championship Foundation" selected them as national champs in those years (although in both cases they chose another school as well), with other organizations choosing other champions. So should they or should they not be regarded as champions for those years? My inclination would be to list both years with footnotes explaining the details, but I'd like to hear others' opinions on this. -Elmer Clark 21:55, 12 February 2007 (UTC)
- Penn State doesn't recognize 1911 or 1912 as championship years. I'm inclined to trust their judgement - if there was any doubt, one would think they'd want to claim as many titles as possible. There's an ongoing discussion at the WikiProject about which titles to recognize, especially in years where there are split titles and multiple universities claim the same year, but in this instance, since Penn State doesn't claim it, I don't think it'd be appropriate for us to. PSUMark2006 talk | contribs 23:21, 12 February 2007 (UTC)
Pink and black?
The page says that "the colors were (originally) black and pink. Legend holds that they were changed to blue and white after the colors faded, but this is unlikely." Can anyone substantiate that the story is unlikely? There's a source for the original statement, and we should just leave it at that unless somebody can provide evidence to the contrary. SixFourThree (talk) 22:06, 11 February 2008 (UTC)SixFourThree
- Sort of old, but I took out the This is unlikely part -- especially considering the PSU website sites it as true. If someone can give a reliable source that states it is not true, by all means, put it back in with the source. Smuckers It has to be good 08:56, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
Where should the section on the Penn State rugby program go -- the varsity section or the club section? The rugby section is currently in the club sports section. However, rugby is no longer a club sport at Penn State, but is now a sport within the Intercollegiate Athletics dept. Would folks agree with moving it to the varsity section? Barryjjoyce (talk) 19:22, 17 March 2013 (UTC)