Talk:Pokagon State Park
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Pokagon State Park article.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Indiana State Park top template is poor quality and unneeded
User:Bedford, your recent Indiana State Park template is not needed. There's really not one piece of data within that template that is of much use to anyone accessing the article. It's in Indiana? It's a State Park? It's silly to take up prime real estate regurgitating information contained in the article title. It's governed by the DNR? Of course.
And it displaces a very nice representative photo. Moreover, you
thoughtlessly <--my apologies-->created a block of white space placing the template into the article.
There's no rule in Wikipedia that says that a template trumps all other content. So, I am asking that you remove it. MrHarman 01:58, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
I think you are the one being thoughtless. Look at how ridiculously big in K those pics are. Some people still have dial-up. Shrink those things. The pics are OK, but none will demand to be the first one seen, except maybe the inn one. Get over yourself.--Bedford 02:10, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
- I am not the author of the lead picture, the one that the poorly designed infobox displaced, but I am one of those folks who is using dial-up. However, the issue I raise has nothing to do with photo size so it's rather poor of you to attempt to deflect the criticism by discussing the photos and me. MrHarman 02:27, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
- The infobox is functional. Could it be improved? Of course. But so can your attitude. I'm looking at ways to make it better. Which is more than you seem capable of doing.--Bedford 02:34, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
- I would again ask that you keep the discussion focused on the infobox and not make personal attacks against me. How is the infobox functional? It contains no information not already contained elsewhere on the first page. It adds nothing and takes away from a pleasing, eye-catching format with a clean image very representative of Pokagon Park. MrHarman 02:42, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
- I am trying to make the state parks consistant with each other. That's why they all have the same infoboxes. The infoboxes will be improved anyways. These are the starters. I plan to make some kind of map to go along with them, as well as other refinements. And you are the one making the attacks, especially since you went strsight to my talk page instead of leaving it on the Pokagon page, which is what this is all about, anyhow.--Bedford 02:52, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
- I have moved this discussion over here to Pokagon State Park. Now, since this infobox is a work in progress, how about if we wait until it's finished?? MrHarman 04:05, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
- At the bottom of the Wikipedia:WikiProject Protected Areas/Infobox are a couple of infoboxes that are used for state parks. Just copy and paste one of the two from this page into the article. If there is no state map, replace that parameter with nothing or a suitable image.--MONGO 10:05, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
- I went ahead and added the newer infobox. The coordinates are correct according to the Topozone map--MONGO 10:16, 6 September 2006 (UTC)