Talk:Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
|Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has been listed as one of the Social sciences and society good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I see no mention of the controversy in the 1950s and 1960s of the increasing powers of the Port Authority. There was significant public debate about the authority, including whether it should be doing things like the World Trade Center real estate deal. This article needs significant expansion IMO. --ChrisRuvolo (t) 22:38, 10 January 2006 (UTC)
GA on hold
This article will be put on hold (for 7 days) until these minor adjustments can be made :
- 1. Well written?
- 2. Factually accurate? Pass
- 3. Broad in coverage? Pass
- 4. Neutral point of view? Pass
- 5. Article stability? Pass
- 6. Images? Pass
Additional comments :
- Image:PANYNJ.png doesn't state its fair use rationale.
- The lead section isn't big enough.
- Words such as currently that persent time-dependancy should be avoided. Same for the Current and future projects section.
- is now the fifteenth busiest in the world. on what list?
- The size of the project raised ire from the owner of the Empire State Building, which would lose its title of tallest building in the world. should be associated with a citation.
Lincher 02:27, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
- I think all these issues are addressed. While other featured articles such as Microsoft do include logos, I'm not sure it's needed here. So, I commented it out for now. I think something else symbolic, such as the PA headquarters or some photo that includes a sign would work. As for the "current and future projects" section, I copyedited it and tried to put it in past tense, as much as possible. Though, the section is still called "Current and future projects" - don't know what else to call it and think it's best to keep as is. Being that this is Wikipedia, the section will be updated continuously. --Aude (talk) 22:29, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
- Nice rationale for the choice, it could be Perennial projects or Continuing projects or Ongoing projects which remove almost all time elements.
As for the nomination, it now passes GA. Lincher 02:23, 17 October 2006 (UTC)
- This discussion is transcluded from Talk:Port Authority of New York and New Jersey/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the reassessment.
This article has been reviewed as part of Wikipedia:WikiProject Good articles/Project quality task force. I believe the article currently meets the criteria and should remain listed as a Good article. The article history has been updated to reflect this review. Regards, Ruslik (talk) 14:53, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
Help on another port
I would like to request a peer review of Port of Albany-Rensselaer from anyone who wishes to help out. Any comments and critique would be useful in attaining GA status. Thanks! Camelbinky (talk) 23:29, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
Clearly I've paid the price for not living in the Tri-State area for the past 15 years, because I forgot that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey still has it's own bus fleet, as you can see here, here and here. Why hasn't this been covered in any of the related articles? ---------User:DanTD (talk) 14:14, 6 March 2014 (UTC)