|Pumping station has been listed as a level-4 vital article in Technology. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as Start-Class.|
|WikiProject Architecture||(Rated Start-class)|
List of Pumping Stations?
There's over 10,000 in the UK alone! --PopUpPirate 23:10, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
- I have done a complete overhaul of the format, to allow readers to identify articles by country and/or by the type of installation. I have also noted that it is intended for pumping stations that are already on Wikipedia, although the addition of other 'heritage' pumping stations that "do not yet have their own articles but are notable enough to do so" is not unreasonable.
- I was very glad to find that the 'pumped storage' (HEP) article already includes a comprehensive list of those installations. Hence there is no need to list them here.
- If the list becomes excessively long it will be quite reasonable to split it into its own article.
- The list is probably incomplete. I found 550 references to "pumping station" using WP search, yesterday. Many of these were to do with HEP schemes, and so can be ignored; many more are references to pumping stations from within 'locations' articles. Finding the actual articles will take some time! (Please help!!)
- EdJogg 09:41, 18 January 2007 (UTC)
Packaged pump station is essentially just a self-contained pumping installation and hence is purely a sub-type of pumping station. That article is unlikely to exceed stub size, and hence the content would be more appropriate as a subsection of this article.
This article already describes different purposes (or 'types') of pumping stations, but 'packaged pump station' could be used in a new section descibing configurations(eg).
EdJogg 13:04, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
Mblack 16:26, 30 Aug 2007