|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Radio
- 2 Foreign programmes
- 3 Mistakes
- 4 Butterflies are flying...
- 5 TG
- 6 Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland
- 7 Broken link
- 8 The real name is Radiotelevisione italiana and not Radio Televisione Italiana
- 9 Political control
- 10 About the butterfly
- 11 Sources for operating revenues and other details (annual 2006)
- 12 Headquaters
- 13 Rai Cinema
- 14 RAI first live shows in Europe
- 15 25 years Unomattina
- 16 2000-2010 logo
- 17 Fair use candidate from Commons: File:Rai logo 2000.svg
I don't know enough about RAI to say, but their own website still has a Radio page (eg not just TV) - should that be reflected here, have a separate page, ... ? Schissel - bowl listen 13:21, Jan 6, 2005 (UTC)
- Will add information on RAI's Radio services later. -- Picapica 17:51, 25 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Why have so many American imports been listed here? RAI is an Italian broadcaster.
- The lead had the acronym RAI standing for "Radiotelevisione italiana". That's wrong, even though 90% of Italians make that mistake. RAI stands for "Radio Audizioni Italiane" as the article, itself, says (in the "early history" section). Jeffmatt 05:37, 19 March 2006 (UTC)
- There are also a lot of mistakes regarding the company's history. I'll try to expand the history in the not too distant future. Thomas Blomberg 10:49, 28 March 2006 (UTC)
Butterflies are flying...
That is the old RAI logo - the new one looks much more like a butterfly. See the RAI site for details.--Frank87 17:44, 2 April 2006 (UTC)
- Updated to new logo. --Ezeu 18:07, 2 April 2006 (UTC)
Question: what does "TG" stand for? 188.8.131.52 22:19, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
- Telegiornale (TV news and current affairs) See it:Telegiornale. —Ian Spackman 12:18, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you. 184.108.40.206 16:51, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland
RAI is also the abbreviation of the Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland --220.127.116.11 15:03, 28 April 2007 (UTC)
In the news section, TG Regionale links to TGR that is a redirector towards ... a Railway company (!) (May be a disambiguation is required) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 12:21, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
The real name is Radiotelevisione italiana and not Radio Televisione Italiana
Are the three TV channels still controlled by different political parties with seperate news bulletens ?? 22.214.171.124 21:28, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
About the butterfly
Please, could someone include in the article information about the corporate image, I mean; during what time was it changed to the butterfly logo and what does the butterfly mean. thank you Minako-Chan* 16:33, 15 October 2007 (UTC)
It's a graphic joke: closed in a (TV)box, with inverted colors it becomes two human faces viewed from profile, facing each other across a beam. (just look at the topright and bottomleft sides) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 12:26, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
Sources for operating revenues and other details (annual 2006)
The operating revenues are clearly wrong here in the infobox (3.4 Million is wrong as it's 3. something billion !). The 2006 annual report  has it as 3144.6 million euro made up from 47.4 % licensing fee, 39.2 % adverts, and 13.4% other revenues. That report has personal at 13,308 (we have listed 9900) and on payroll at year end 2006 there was 11,328. Where did the "9900" figure come from ?. Anyway it's wrong as the Italian version of this article has my figures too. Given I have a English language source then I'll go ahead and change the figures. Ttiotsw (talk) 14:31, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
Sorry for my English but I'm Italian.
- Legal Headquarters, is not in Saxa Rubra. but in Viale Mazzini 14, Rome.
- In Saxa Rubra there are a production center (studios).
- There are more production center of Rai in Rome, Please see the italian page.
The infobox lists Rai Cinema as one of the company's divisions, but no further mention is made of it in the article. Many of the movies I enjoy were produced by or in cooperation with Rai Cinema (which is why I came here looking for information about it), so it must have a significant presence in the Italian movie industry, even if all it does is provide funding (I obviously don't know what it does).
Maybe someone who knows more about it can add some information about Rai Cinema to this article. We in the English-speaking world have limited exposure to Italian television, which is what most of this article is about, but (fortunately) we have considerable access to Italian movies.--Jim10701 (talk) 01:25, 6 May 2011 (UTC)
RAI first live shows in Europe
Croatian journalist and writer Giancarlo Kravar: Radiotelevisione Italiana (RAI) is the first in Europe began broadcasting live show programs as "Studio Uno" sisters Helen and Alice Kessler, "Canzonissima" Raffaella Carra, and quizzes "Chi sa, chi lo sa" with Pippo Baudo and "Rischiatutto" Mike Bongiorno. RAI was watched also in Communist Croatia, affirmated the universal values of democracy. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 20:22, 22 August 2011 (UTC)
25 years Unomattina
Croatian writer Giancarlo Kravar: Radiotelevision Italiana (RAI), as was announced by Cinzia Fiorato, celebrating 25 years of broadcasting Unomattina. It is the oldest program of its kind in Europe. RAI, which the Italians and all other viewers in the world wants to news, entertainment and educational programs, good morning.184.108.40.206 (talk) 00:47, 12 September 2011 (UTC)
Apparently the 2000 logo is missing because it was deleted. But the deletion reason is test edit. That doesn't sound right to me. Normally deleted images are removed due to fair use concerns. Is it OK if I reupload it? Logopedia has a copy in SVG format. Digifiend (talk) 21:06, 19 October 2012 (UTC)
Fair use candidate from Commons: File:Rai logo 2000.svg
The file File:Rai logo 2000.svg, used on this page, has been deleted from Wikimedia Commons and re-uploaded at File:Rai logo 2000.svg. It should be reviewed to determine if it is compliant with this project's non-free content policy, or else should be deleted and removed from this page. If no action is taken, it will be deleted after 7 days. Commons fair use upload bot (talk) 20:00, 26 May 2014 (UTC)