|WikiProject Video games||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|This article has been mentioned by a media organisation:|
OK. I can understand why the Europeans changed the subtitles of the previous Ratchet & Clank series, and I cannot understand why they felt the need to do so in this one. "Deadlocked" is neither controversial nor a double-pun. --Bear Eagleson 21:38, 11 January 2006 (UTC)
- Perhaps that subtitle would convey more meaning in Europe. For example, Jak II was given the subtitle of Renegade for European release. --RedZion-- 22 May 2006
- ...Well, why did you Americans call it "Deadlocked"?"Gladiator" has more relevence.And no, it wouldn't coven more meaning, ANYWHERE, apart from Italy.--22.214.171.124 18:01, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
- I'm sorry you feel that way, and calling it "Gladiator" has less to do with the storyline than "Deadlocked." Also, this is not the first Ratchet game to include gladiator style combat though it is the first to do so exclusively. Deadlocked - refers to the Deadlock collar, Gladiator . . . just doesn't do it. Bear Eagleson
- When it was released in America, the subtitle of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was changed to "Sorcerer's Stone", to appeal more to children. I doubt that this is the same case in reverse, but it demonstrates the point that sometimes subtitles are changed when the product is released in another country, for no really significant reason. It's not like some study has shown that the word "philosopher" makes American children turn and flee, so why change the subtitle?--Munkel (talk) 04:29, 18 April 2007 (UTC)
Is it necessary for you to bag Americans? And what dose this discussion even have to do with anything. We can't change it so why all the fuss. It doesn't really change the game. Gloryify (talk) 11:10, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
This discussion ended almost two years ago. They could change it of they wanted to, there's no move protection. But I agree with what you are saying. Spongefrog, (talk to me, or else) 16:30, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Trivia (Copyright Infringement?)
Since I'm not really sure where to put this, I feel that it is important for you all to know that much of the text shown on the "Ratchet: Deadlocked" page is identical to the information displayed on , namely in the trivia sections. If that's okay, then you can just disregard this message. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:16, 4 April 2007 (UTC).
- Who got it from whom? Is reference.com user-editable?--Viridistalk|contributions 22:11, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
- It would seem plausible....I looked at it and the page is copyrighted and the original writer did use
the trivia section word for word...Aquzenn 01:14, 1 June 2007 (UTC)
I've semi-protected the page for now. There is way too much vandalism going on and I'll removed the protection later. Thunderbrand 15:15, 12 May 2006 (UTC)
i believe that some more mention of the multiplayer aspect of this game should be included. the subject is barely passed over and not even directly. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:34, 22 January 2007 (UTC).
I think that I shall put in the Multiplayer and Online sections that the original writer did not. I enjoy this game very much and am well known on it's forums and so I think it would be appropriate to add some to this Aquzenn 01:21, 24 May 2007 (UTC)Aquzenn
Done. I put in the added section of "Multiplayer/Online Mode". Aquzenn 01:28, 24 May 2007 (UTC)Aquzenn
Someone remove this from the R&C series
Ratchet: Deadlocked is a Ratchet game. If it was a R&C game... Clank would have been with Ratchet...through all the battles... Angry Sun 01:22, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
Where does it say that The harbinger shoots superlasers from space? For that matter where does it say it shoots a laser, it is most likely an energy beam. What is a superlaser?
Wasn't this game released by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe?
- It was also out in the states (and was first in the states), thus the more common title is "Deadlocked". Ratchet: Gladiator should redirect to here and the naming difference is noted in the lead. --MASEM 00:13, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
We need a reception page
Back in a trivia section there was a reception refrenced in there but since it has been gone for almost about a year we should get the reception in the article and sales. The luigi kart assasions 12:12, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
We need a gameplay section. Maybe the vehicles part could be combined into it. Spongefrog 19:28, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
Are the character epilogues really neccesary. It isnt exactly encyclpedic, and is perhaps detailing the article too much. If no-one replies in a few days, I'm just going to remove them myself. Sorry. Spongefrog (talk) 16:21, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
PS3 release dates
- Someone thinking just anything can be added to Wikipedia put 'May 14' (quickly reverted) in the section about this. I've just done a search for Ratchet and Clank stuff on the PlayStation Store (for anyone with access I typed 'Ratchet' in the search bar and Ratchet and Clank was in every result) and Ratchet Deadlocked (it would be Gladiator here) wasn't showing so it's safe to say it's not out yet. MM (Report findings) (Past espionage) 16:08, 15 June 2013 (UTC)
Just to confirm to everyone, Ratchet:Deadlocked is now available on the PlayStation Store. Oh and is it just me or is there a serious lack of anything regarding the PlayStation 3 re-release? It came out on the 25th of September in the EU/UK, now, i'd love to see someone be able to bring this into the article and source it. Any takers? MM (Report findings) (Past espionage) 16:11, 3 October 2013 (UTC)