Talk:Rate Your Music
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Rate Your Music article.|
|WikiProject Websites / Computing|
|This page was nominated for deletion on November 2, 2007. The result of the discussion was The result was Keep.|
Proposed for deletion
Confirm that the article is eligible for proposed deletion by checking that it has:
* not previously been proposed for deletion
Sources were given at the time of the original AfD. That these sources have not been incorporated into the article is not a valid reason to place a deletion proposal on RYM.
I'm surprised that I had never heard of this site before. I believe it pulls some of its data from MusicBrainz.org... Are there related, more popular user-edited music review sites out there that you can recommend or add to "See also"? Metacritic.com is comparable, but they don't do individual tracks like RYM. The Online music databases category has a few sites, but nothing comparable to RYM, in my opinion. See my album ratings on RYM if you're curious. --J. J. 19:55, 2005 August 8 (UTC)
- I've been a registered member for three years. A very good site. I'd ask the users over at the forum there if there's any good related sites, I know some have been brought up, but I really don't think any are superior. Nagelfar 19:23, 2 May 2006 (UTC)
RateYourMusic is a fine site that is made even better via the presence of the renowned Obbop.
The "advertisment free" information was outdated, so I removed the paragraph, replacing it with a basic description of the new pay-per-click system, incorporated in 2006. Cravenmonket 21:24, 18 July 2006 (UTC) ____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi, I am the lovely, talented, non-pareil and lithe Obbop. My presence at Rate Your Music provides a pleasing panache that the Antique Road Show folks would drool over. My modesty extends across the Web, providing a winsome frolicsome banality that reaches out and grabs the masses by their proverbial furry nodules and causes their hearts and minds to follow. In udder words, Rate Your Music is a darn good site and grows daily. 188.8.131.52 20:16, 14 August 2006 (UTC)
The wondrous Obbop again. Hi. Recent changes at Rate Your Music. Additional neato goodies added that allows more information about bands and artists to be displayed. Site users input the vast majority of the content. SOme is apparently of the copy-and-paste variety but there is also a lot of unique content created by the large user base.184.108.40.206 15:03, 12 November 2006 (UTC)
Why are there so many metal bands on this site?
- Because - this is music for music lovers.
- Are there? I haven't been registered for even a week, but my general impression is that there's a decent mix of genres to be found? Of course, I enjoy several different metal genres (and something tells me that's not the case when you're concerned, anonymous contributor ;) ) so I guess I might not think twice about it if metal's indeed being slightly over-represented. I kind of doubt it, though. Calanor 20:51, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
- Musician which play on music instruments? Nowadays only site for music lover.Classical and modern ,symphonic and metallic.
No doubt down to the fact Americans users of the site outnumber Brits, for example, 3-4 to 1. Vauxhall1964 17:25, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
I don't think it's a wiki. Here's what it says in the lead: "It is a wiki in the sense that users can add, edit and remove content; however, the majority of new, edited content must be approved by a moderator."--h i s s p a c e r e s e a r c h 15:34, 1 September 2007 (UTC
- I mean, it obviously doesn't use MediaWiki, but something else altogether.-h i s s p a c e r e s e a r c h 15:32, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
- Well, RYM does allow, "easy creation and editing of any number of interlinked Web pages", which is part of the definition of a wiki, according to Wikipedia. It isn't a standard wiki though. Hmm... Adammanifold (talk) 20:10, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Rym20.jpg
Image:Rym20.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.