Talk:Religion in Italy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
          This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:
WikiProject Italy (Rated Start-class, High-importance)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Italy, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of articles on Italy on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
Start-Class article Start  This article has been rated as Start-Class on the project's quality scale.
 High  This article has been rated as High-importance on the project's importance scale.
 
WikiProject Religion (Rated Start-class, High-importance)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Religion, a project to improve Wikipedia's articles on Religion-related subjects. Please participate by editing the article, and help us assess and improve articles to good and 1.0 standards, or visit the wikiproject page for more details.
Start-Class article Start  This article has been rated as Start-Class on the project's quality scale.
 High  This article has been rated as High-importance on the project's importance scale.
 
WikiProject Catholicism (Rated Start-class, High-importance)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Catholicism, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Catholicism related articles on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
Start-Class article Start  This article has been rated as Start-Class on the project's quality scale.
Checklist icon
 High  This article has been rated as High-importance on the project's importance scale.
 
 

not complete list[edit]

the percents only add up to 98.4, where is the other 1.6% Slash's snakepit 00:22, 25 November 2006 (UTC)

the percents add up to 92.8%, the remaining 7.2% is Atheist or Non Religious, but as it is not a precise figure ('cos it is produced by a subtraction of the other figures from 100%) I thought it was better to not add it in the article. --Checco 09:26, 25 November 2006 (UTC)

Consistency between Eurobarometer data and Christian sources[edit]

I am not a registered user, I just stumbled upon this article. I'd like to point out that, according to the Eurobarometer Poll data shown on this page, roughly 90% of Italian citizens believe in God or some kind of spirit or life force. On the other hand, denominational sources (i.e., the Annuario Pontificio or those listed in the references section) report that more than 91% of Italians belong to the Christian faith. That is, at least 600,000 Italians are non-believing Christians. Aside from any remarks about the percentage of non practicing Christians and the difference between the number of baptized citizens and that of believers, I guess that those data should be edited somehow to avoid bizarre inconsistencies. 82.61.146.126 (talk) 16:06, 21 July 2008 (UTC)

I don't see the problem: different polls almost always give different results. In this case the results are very similar and consistent with each other, thus it is not the case to worry about it. --Checco (talk) 16:24, 21 July 2008 (UTC)