|WikiProject Websites / Computing|
- Is this anything other than an advertisment for Revver's service? Seems like move-to-delete material to me.
- This should be deleted.
Clearly notable, nowhere near as big as YouTube, but Revver has received a fair amount of media coverage. I've added references which should help establish notability.--JayHenry 02:55, 22 October 2006 (UTC)
I made many changes to clarify the notability of Revver. Removed language that sounded promotional or compared Revver to other video sites. Added more detailed information and created a "revenue model" section. Also clarified that "Revver Goodies" is from a user. Because of the affliate program, users may be tempted to use this entry to build traffic to their own sites. MotoVid 19:00, 23 October 2006 (UTC)
In light of the Google/YouTube buyout this (Revver) is extremely notable for it is the first of such [user-generated content] service that actually transfer [part of] the profit to the original creators of the content, opposing to other services such as YouTube that make substantial amount of profit without compensating the artists who actually created them. The fame and popularity of Revver's new business model has attracted much media attention this week. http://news.com.com/Google+shares+ad+wealth+with+videographers/2100-1024_3-6130881.html http://news.com.com/Revver+puts+money+where+its+talent+is/2100-1026_3-6130354.html
- Does anyone think this still reads like an advertisement? I think it's been improved substantially on that front. And I think it's clearly notable too. Can we remove the advertisement and notable tags from the top of the page? Do others agree?--JayHenry 22:28, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
- Well, I do. And given that the original comment is unsigned, who's there to actually oppose it? Doing it now. Nimmo 00:55, 22 November 2006 (UTC)
Revver Connection Issues
I have removed the following information from the beginning of the article:
- As of at least the last week of October, 2008, Revver.com and all related links appear to no longer function. There has been no news or record of why this is happening, or any notice to subscribers or account holders of Revver.com.
- i'm stil having issues, personally. i've talked to a few others, and those using roadrunner for internet seem to be unable to connect. not sure if it's revver blocking rr, or rr blocking revver, or just internet fail. i'm not going to add this per WP:NOR, and since i can't find any information about the issue. this is just here in case other users are trying to figure out what's wrong. -TinGrin 03:55, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
If someone is owed money from revver, I suggest they lawyer up immediately. There's two content contributors out there that are owed $3,000 each, and many more that are owed money. revver appears to have no intention of paying its customers. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 13:42, 13 November 2008 (UTC)