From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Birth and death: dates, places
"Rodolfo Lanciani" was born and died in Rome (January 2, 1845 - May 21, 1929) (see also italian article). UgoEmme (User:220.127.116.11, 16:32, 2 December 2005 (UTC))
- I inserted the place of death, about which there seems to be no argument. About both the place and date of his birth, however, online sources vary. Some Beni Culturali pages, as well as a number of others including the comune of Guidonia-Montecelio, give 1846; others 1845, and at least one library catalog (University of Chicago) gives 1847. Similarly, quite a few pages give Montecelio as his place of birth: since that's in Rome province, and very often Italian sources will give the province as a loose approximation, a (city of Rome) birthplace is suspect if there is another claimant. Bill 22:05, 2 December 2005 (UTC)
- In the "diocesan File in Rome" the action of baptism of Rodolfo Lanciani has been found again, compiled by the priest of the church of St. Rocco to Ripetta: written in Latin, the text affirms that to Rome January 2 nd 1845 from Pietro Lanciani, pontifical engineer, and from Lucy Galardi de Jugellis was born a child, baptized with the names of Amedeo, Rodolfo, Joseph, Phillip. To Rome, in the street of Ripetta, near the church of St. Rocco, the numerous family of Pietro Lanciani lived, composed by his children of the first one and digamy, his old father Luigi, notary and the second wife Lucy.
- Rodolfo Lanciani died in Rome May 21 st 1929, on May 22 the solemn funerals were celebrated and on May 23 you was commemorated to the Senate to the presence of Benito Mussolini. I have specified only these facts for love of the truth and not to make polemics. A cordial regard, UgoEmme.
- Ti ringrazio per il testimonio degli atti ufficiali! (È veramente una cosa terribile che non parla bene della natura umana, o perlomeno di quella di moltissima gente in Rete e sulla Wikipedia, presta a offendersi, che ti sei sentito costretto a "scusare" il tuo intervento! Io invece quasi mai mi offendo, soprattutto, anch' io, quando si tratta di cercare la verità.)
- OK, ad rem: è difficile discutere con un atto battesimale, e quindi, il luogo sembra indiscutibile (ma da dove altri hanno potuto affirmare Montecelio?). Per la data, visto le divergenze, noterò però que "1845/1846", scritti, si assomiglieranno molto; e che la data del battesimo spesso non è quella della nascita, problema conosciuto in molti altri casi, ad es. Beethoven per citarne soltanto uno. Tutto ciò detto, ho riscritto la pagina....