Talk:Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
This show was something of a career ender, as fx houses would toss out any demo real that features work from the show. They saw the same shots over and over again, apparently. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 21:00, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
I'm not familiar with the comic, but in the movie I did get a kick outta the 'plasma bugs'. "Plasma Bugs – Bigger than the Tanker Bugs, Plasma Bugs have a rather nasty ability to fire huge, volatile globs of plasma from their rear ends at airborne or distant targets. They are first encountered on Pluto." I think they should be named Procto-Bugs. --Unsigned
- Uh, okay. This is not a chat board. Article talk pages are for discussions of how to improve the articles. — SMcCandlish [talk] [cont] ‹(-¿-)› 05:37, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
Cleanup and redir
Since the other 'Roughnecks' page was there first, this should have its useful material edited in, and then be turned into a 'redirect'. I did a few changes here, because it was the one I found.
I've got other stuff to do that I rate higher, so don't expect me to do any more.
--GwydionM 17:25, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
- Except to say the other page needs a 'spoiler alert'. --GwydionM 17:29, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
- The character section should have a spoiler alert! Fegor 10:55, 9 July 2007 (UTC)
What's the title on this? WP lists it as Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles and IMDB lists it as Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles. --Bensin 11:30, 9 September 2006 (UTC)
- The correct title seems to be "Roughnecks Starship Troopers Chronicles", in this order without "The". It is spelled this way on the title screen, all DVD covers + booklets and promotional material. Though the semi-colon is normally added for readability.
- I think you mean colon. The proper title, as published, is Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles, which is what the article now says, so I'm tagging this as resolved.
The displayed image of DVD cover is not an official cover, but a bootleg cover. There is no single package legally available that includes all DVDs.
I suggest it be replaced with this image:
Which is (unfortunately) the least cluttered looking one. --[unsigned]
- None of this is applicable any longer, as the DVDs have long since been re-issued as a box set, and this is the cover image presently in the article. — SMcCandlish [talk] [cont] ‹(-¿-)› 05:32, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
CHAS section abridged
I took the liberty of shortening the CHAS section. The character was only in 1 episode so it didn't seem appropriate that he had a longer blurb than Rico's. --RDBury (talk) 04:53, 28 November 2007 (UTC)
Episode 33 "Homefront"
I could not find a source stating that this episode had been produced and aired, only that it had not been, so I removed the statement that it had not been included on DVD due to time constraints of preparing the DVD (seems rather it was not included because it didn't exist.)220.127.116.11 (talk) 02:06, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
- I concur; every source I've looked at so far says that it was not produced. — SMcCandlish [talk] [cont] ‹(-¿-)› 05:23, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
Bug list re-add
I re-added the bug list that was removed in Jan. The list could probably be trimmed some but I feel that deleting the entire list wholesale is not justified. The creatures on the list can be found at websites devoted to the series, specifically the STC archive, and an attempt has been made to summarize the information in these sites. Only creatures that appear in more than one episode, or who play a major role in a single episode are included. If more stringent criteria should be used then they should be discussed here rather than simply deleting the entire section. I feel that the alien creatures appearing in the show contribute as much to its character and enjoyment as the human characters and technology which have their own, perhaps overly detailed sections.--RDBury (talk) 00:36, 16 May 2008 (UTC)
- It should be merged into the existing list in the Bug (Starship Troopers) article. Has now been merge tagged. — SMcCandlish [talk] [cont] ‹(-¿-)› 05:23, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
See http://misterhook.net/roughnecks/history.htm for links to various sources on stuff that is presently unsourced in the article. Other parts of this site have other materials, too. For example, the episode summary is more complete than the one presently being cited. — SMcCandlish [talk] [cont] ‹(-¿-)› 05:32, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
chatter re: "critically acclaimed"
Just curious, I always thought that "critically acclaimed" meant that it got good reviews from professional critics. The article says "critically acclaimed by its fans." Of course the fans will critically acclaim the thing that's why they're fans, right? Seems like circular logic if that's the right word. Maybe different wording is in order? 18.104.22.168 (talk) 08:08, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
The show originally aired at 4:30 in the morning on BKN and was in reruns within the first week of airing due to episodes not being completed. This factors may have contributed to low ratings. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 00:03, 16 August 2011 (UTC)
Originally aried error?
>> low ratings caused it to be repeatedly canceled and sold off. The series aired for one season on BKN beginning ...
I believe this statement is in error or misleading as the show was still in production when it originally aired for the first time, which was on BKN. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 00:14, 16 August 2011 (UTC)