Sally Kellerman is currently a good article nominee. Anyone who has not contributed significantly to (or nominated) this article may review it according to the good article criteria to decide whether or not to list it as a good article, as outlined on the nominations page.
Reviewers: To start the review process,to create a dedicated subpage for the review. (If you have already done this, and the template has not changed, try this talk page.)
Sally Kellerman was nominated as a good article in the Media and drama category but did not meet the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions on the review page for improving the article. Once these are addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.
Reviewed version: April 20, 2014
Sally Kellerman was nominated as a good article in the Music category but did not meet the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions on the review page for improving the article. Once these are addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.
Reviewed version: March 22, 2014
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Arts and Entertainment||(Rated C-class)|
|WikiProject United States||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Guild of Copy Editors|
Was Sally born in 1936 or 1937? Hotwine8 03:05, 11 August 2006 (UTC)
- I changed the date to 1937 to conform to the most common film sources on the web, but 1936 and 1938 both appear frequently. Note that 1936 could have propagated to other sites from an original typo in Wikipedia. The New York Times cites Allmovieguide.com , which agrees with IMDB. 1941 also appears in one source. I couldn't find a birthdate on the official site. -- Slowmover 15:46, 11 August 2006 (UTC)
- Same question here. Her voice is incredible, but there's no mention of it here. Disappointing. CsikosLo (talk) 16:44, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
It is unacceptable that her vast voice-over work isn't included. Besides Hidden Valley Ranch, she shilled Whirlpool appliances and I'm hearing it right now for Brailla pasta. Even if you don't want to mention exact brand name -- I had forgotten about HVR -- saying that's how she makes a living is worthy and reasonable. Macshill (talk) 07:16, 8 October 2010 (UTC)
I tried to clean this up. There were things like memorable role, or she was making a somewhat quirky appearance as herself, or She starred alongside some of Hollywood's biggest names, or She has enjoyed a long and successful career that don't sound neutral and sound biased.--BeckiGreen (talk) 00:29, 14 May 2010 (UTC)
Narrator in "The Untold Holocaust"
Sally Kellerman was narrator in Jakov Sedlar's 18 minutes short movie "The Untold Holocaust" with subtitle "Serbia 1941-1945", released in 1991 on VHS tape. It is about untold story about holocaust in Serbia, which was mostly covered up (and stil is).
Unfortunately, that movie wasn't mentioned in Jakov Sedlar's Wikipedia page, english or croatian. But you can watch that movie for free. As to my knowledge, author is aware that his movie is on Youtube. Movie was divided in two parts because Youtube limit back then used to be 10 minutes per video. And first minute is added by whoever uploaded the video on Youtube. So you can check beginning of first part, and ending of second part to confirm what I just said here. Or you can watch whole movie, it is 20 minutes all together.
Part one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S1BU9n-dv0 (Many enemies of truth have flagged this video as offensive... You can guess what part of world they come from.)
You can also use this article for Jakov Sedlar's wiki page, or for (still non-existing) page of that movie.
My first language is not english, and I didn't want to interfere in your Wikipedia, so can You please use this information and make changes to some pages? (Sally Kellerman, Jakov Sedlar, perhaps some new page, or editing pages about Holocaust and Holocaust movies...) I just started discussion on croatian Wikipedia, and hope to start same thing in Croatian when I catch some free time.
Kellerman's page should include a film career section
especially her ongoing work with Bob Altman, and how she landed the role of "Hot Lips" O'Houilihan
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Sally Kellerman/GA2. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
Per request, I'll give this article a GA review. Wizardman 03:33, 19 April 2014 (UTC)
There are a lot of problems with this article that cause me to have to fail it as a GAN. Here are some general notes:
- Of the four images in the article, there are two I question the validity of. One is a 1983 image tagged as pre-1978 PD, which is obviously a copyvio. The other image, published in 1971, is tagged pd-art. Either you need to prove that the pre-1978 tag applies in that case, or that will have to be deleted as well.
- The tone of the article is off in general, and in many spots it does not read like an encyclopedic article. Examples to follow.
- The structure is poor in the article, with slews of one-sentence paragraphs and too many sentences that start with dates. The formatting and flow needs to be improved big time.
Now for some more specific concerns (from 1970s on I just did a skim read):
- "Although she has quite the lengthy resume consisting of motion picture and television productions," this is part of the tone issue I'm noting; reads more like a press packet than anything else.
- "'Outer Limits, and what appears to be her most popular performance on TV, psychiatrist Dr. Elizabeth Dehner in "Where No Man Has Gone Before", the second pilot for Star Trek." not sure why part of that is in italics, also the "appears to be.. popular" part is both speculation and not really encyclopedic.
- "Kellerman's mother was a Christian Scientist and originated from Portland, Arkansas." the 'and originated' part can be removed.
- "In any event, Kellerman was able to act" rm 'in any event' per tone issues
- "After Kellerman went to Verve Records and signed the contract, she realized the task of becoming a recording artist was far too much of a tall order to follow through with. She walked away" these two sentences can be combined.
- "It was in Corey's class where Kellerman met the late actress, Luana Anders (1938–1996), the two remained very close friends." the years aren't needed, plus it seems a rather odd sentence to include without a bit of detail on the friendship if it was important.
- "The first of which was as a waitress in the John Forsyth sitcom Bachelor Father – episode "Kelly and the College Man" (1960)." sentence fragment.
- You vary between MASH and M*A*S*H throughout the article, and there's a missed asterisk in one of the latter; keep consistent.
- "March 6, 1972, Kellerman divorced Edelstein - cited irreconcilable differences" sentence starts with a date, and sentence fragment
- The parentheses seem unnecessary in the next sentence given how long it is.
- "Performances in the 1980s could be seen in Adrian Lyne's Foxes (1980)." more odd sentence structuring
- "January 23, 2004, she performed at Palmdale Playhouse." and "Summer of 2004, she acted as host, Madame ZinZanni in Teatro ZinZanni." again, more poor structuring
- Virtually every sentence in the 2000s starts with a year and leaves the whole section feeling like a tacked on slew of films rather than any coherent chronology. Same for the 2010s.
- Remove the apostrophes in the section headers.
- Web citations need accessdates. Some have them, but many do not.
After addressing the above concerns, get a top-to-bottom copyedit on the article from another person before trying to re-nominate. A lot of work still needs to be done on this article before I could consider it GA-worthy. Wizardman 14:01, 20 April 2014 (UTC)