|WikiProject Science Fiction||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
- Merge and redirect. Rhymeless 19:18, 8 Jun 2004 (UTC)
- Keep. I believe the term science fiction or possibly scientifiction wasn't coined until the thirties or thereabouts at the time when the great SF pulp were launched. That leaves quite a long period of time before that when people were writing the stuff and had to call it something else. That includes Jules Verne, H. G. Wells, Arthur Conan Doyle (Professor Challenger, etc.), a good dozen stories by Jack London, and many others. It's true that the name is hardly ever used now, but the page says it's archaic, and it seems to me that it would be a fine jumping-off place for an article on SF pre-Gernsback and pre-Campbell. Dpbsmith 19:20, 8 Jun 2004 (UTC)
- Wouldn't redirect be better than deletion? DJ Clayworth 19:37, 8 Jun 2004 (UTC)
- Merge and redirect unless seriously expanded. -- Cyrius|✎ 22:04, 8 Jun 2004 (UTC)
- Keep where it is. There is plenty of time for this to expand. Rossami
- Merge and redirect. SWAdair | Talk 03:40, 9 Jun 2004 (UTC)
- Keep. There's a wealth of detail to cover. Rossumcapek 21:21, 9 Jun 2004 (UTC)
- It's actually a sub-genre of science fiction, I've just been studying this at uni. Still used with reference to Wells etc - intend to expand. Princessblade01 14:34, 15 January 2006 (UTC)
- I agree, this is a sub-genre of science fiction, and so it should be kept.CClio333 17:11, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
end moved discussion
Started with Verne?
- Scientific romance is generally held to have started with Jules Verne's novel Journey to the Center of the Earth.
- History section looking pretty good. The lead needs to be tidied a great deal, and there's more to say about modern usage of the term. I also think that the Brian Stableford section can be made a great deal more concise; any objections? Euchrid (talk) 06:33, 23 March 2012 (UTC)
I think you should add Kevin J. Anderson's short story titled "Scientific Romance" - http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/stories/sciromance.htm — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 18:25, 18 August 2012 (UTC)