Talk:Sound box

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Musical Instruments (Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Musical Instruments, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of musical instruments on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
Stub-Class article Stub  This article has been rated as Stub-Class on the project's quality scale.
 Low  This article has been rated as Low-importance on the project's importance scale.

I think I'll go ahead & merge sounding box with this article J Lorraine 08:04, 2 September 2006 (UTC)


Current article reads in part ...the piano which uses a sound board instead..., which gives the impression that it's one or the other. However sounding board reads in part ...Wood sounding boards typically have sound holes in them with different shapes depending on the instrument: round in guitars, f-holes in violin family instruments, rosettes in lutes, and so on... which suggests that guitars, violins etc have both, as I've always understood. Andrewa 02:55, 22 August 2007 (UTC)

Technical Names[edit]

I think there are too many technical terms for non musicians to be able to understand. Perhaps photos will help with that. Surely PHOTOS could teach us a thing or to, especially with references!--leahtwosaints (talk) 01:44, 19 March 2009 (UTC)