Talk:Sound hole

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Musical Instruments (Rated Stub-class)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Musical Instruments, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of musical instruments on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
Stub-Class article Stub  This article has been rated as Stub-Class on the project's quality scale.
 ???  This article has not yet received a rating on the project's importance scale.
Note icon
This article has been automatically rated by a bot or other tool as Stub-Class because it uses a stub template. Please ensure the assessment is correct before removing the |auto= parameter.

Alternative sound hole designs[edit]

I'd like to add a reference to the 'Cats-eye' shape as used by Richenbacker and others. This may seem like a daft question but is it 'cats-eye' or 'cat's-eye'? And is it hyphenated? Doozy88 12:13, 30 June 2007 (UTC)

lol "f-hole". -- (talk) 01:10, 13 January 2008 (UTC)

Yes, please fix - someone knowledgeable. S-hole and F-hole are used as interchangeable in the text, and this should be explained or expanded. (talk) 21:33, 18 November 2010 (UTC)

Why the F-hole?[edit]

Does that mean there is an A-hole on musical instrument as well? Jacob Poon 01:50, 20 February 2008 (UTC)

Acoustics of sound hole designs[edit]

I'd like for someone knowledgeable to write a section on the acoustics of the different designs, or maybe just some stuff about the differences in regular guitar sound holes - I hear from people that a bigger hole means less bass, more treble, and vice versa. The physics behind this would be most interesting and would lead to a good linkage to other articles about acoustics. Thank you! (talk) 01:58, 5 April 2012 (UTC)