Talk:Space: Above and Beyond
|WikiProject Television||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Science Fiction||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
Production: No Make-Up?
"In order to make the show more realistic, the actors, even females, usually went in front of the cameras without make-up."
I just finished watching the whole show and, guess what, there is make-up all over the place. The main characters, male and female, are all wearing make-up: Lipstick, hair spray, eye liner and whatnot. Actually I cannot remember one significant scene where actors are not wearing any make-up.
I don't know where the above information comes from but, in my opinion, it's not accurate. Or does it refer to the actors who are playing the Aliens, not wearing make-up under their helmets?
UPDATE: I've taken the liberty of adding the  tag.
- Actually I would have just deleted it. If the info isn't cited, it could have been inserted by some random idiot who just happened a long on this page (which happens often). Ckruschke (talk) 13:52, 12 April 2012 (UTC)Ckruschke
- Do they still have the rights to it? thanks/Fenton, Matthew Lexic Dark 52278 Alpha 771 21:33, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
I think there is a DVD release--unsigned
The DVD is a 5 disc set, they are the front and back type of DVD. You can get it at Best Buy, Walmart, and lots of other places. Bigcurrens 01:53, 19 March 2007 (UTC)
When was the series actually shown on TV? I know the article says its a 1990s series, but it would be useful to be more specific, as well as showing the different air dates for different countries. I am in the UK, and remember seeing some of the series on BBC2 in the mid-90s. WikiReaderer 17:59, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
- see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Space:_Above_and_Beyond_Episodes —Preceding unsigned comment added by Kriscott (talk • contribs) 23:04, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
One small detail, possibly worthy of mention
One recurring feature of the show: flying into battle to the accompaniment of the Ramones' "Blitzkrieg Bop". Seems that one of the pilots landed on Mars and found a NASA probe with a "Sounds of Earth"-type CD attached to it; the pilot was able to play the CD, and liked the sound of the Ramones, which apparently was good for morale, as the squadron played it together as they entered combat. Its use was a bit like "Ride of the Valkyries" in 'Apocalypse Now|Italic text' .220.127.116.11 (talk) 23:15, 8 December 2007 (UTC)
- I believe Fox cancelled the series because the rating was not satsifactory for them. However, you have to consider the fact that Fox frequently moved the show's schedule around to fit in other sport programs, so you can't really blame the show for having a bad rating when viewers don't even know when the next episode is going to be aired. That's why when it was moved to Sci-Fi, that's when the show's popularity really grown.--18.104.22.168 (talk) 19:25, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
It would be nice if anyone knew what the 2 Emmy nominations and 1 Satrun nomination were actually for.... As well as more things about critical reaction, and, as above, factors in its cancellation (though it appeared popular and was played all around the world, even being released on DVD).
Product - Influences
Is there any particular reason as to why, on the list of characters, two of them have extremely detailed backgrounds and none of the rest have anything? If it's because of all of the detail on the story arcs, maybe some of that could be trimmed down (after all, this article doesn't necessarily have to be a one-page encyclopedia regarding the series) and moved to the appropriate characters.--MythicFox (talk) 10:34, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
- I think its just personal preference/interest of the various editors. Agree with your other points. I would do a verbatim cut/paste of the character info as much of it is WP:OR and is of a "trivial" nature. Either way the page needs a major haircut, but I've never had the time.Ckruschke (talk) 18:13, 4 February 2014 (UTC)Ckruschke