Talk:Sport in Turkey
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Sport in Turkey article.|
|WikiProject Turkey||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
At the top of the page, it says that the National Sport is Yagli Gures but under Football it says that football is the national sport. Which is correct? -- WiiVolve 11:03, 2 January 2007 (UTC)
- Yagli gures is the traditional Turkish sport from the Ottoman times, and probably from the times of the Turkic migration. However, nowadays football has become the "national" sport in the sense that it is the most popular, both in numbers of players and viewers. I will try to word it better. Baristarim 12:37, 2 January 2007 (UTC)
- Ok thanks. -- WiiVolve 04:33, 4 January 2007 (UTC)
- Tense immigration interest and diaspora from northwest altered the charasterictis of natives ie. Rıdvan Dilmen if you go more east still you will see the pressure for football is notably decreases.. i am söz'de değil özde yurtsever. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 14:18, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
Image copyright problem with Image:FIBA 2010 logo.gif
The image Image:FIBA 2010 logo.gif is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
The following images also have this problem:
File:Istanbul Park Turkish Grand Prix Circuit.jpg Nominated for Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Istanbul Park Turkish Grand Prix Circuit.jpg, has been nominated for deletion at Wikimedia Commons in the following category: Deletion requests January 2012
Don't panic; a discussion will now take place over on Commons about whether to remove the file. This gives you an opportunity to contest the deletion, although please review Commons guidelines before doing so.