Talk:Star Fox: Assault
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Star Fox: Assault article.|
|Star Fox: Assault was one of the Sports and recreation good articles, but it has been removed from the list. There are suggestions below for improving the article to meet the good article criteria. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated B-class, Low-importance)|
|To-do list for Star Fox: Assault:|
- 1 Trivia
- 2 One vs. Three Year(s) after Adventures
- 3 Wikify, please.
- 4 Voice cast
- 5 GA review
- 6 This is a Good Article
- 7 Suggestion
- 8 S-Flag
- 9 Multiplayer statement
- 10 Copyedit
- 11 Title
- 12 Apoptosis
- 13 GAN Review: Sweeps
- 14 Sweeps delist
- 15 Content Loss
- 16 Link to Lylat Wiki
- 17 I don't know if anyone noticed, but...
I removed the trivia portion that was added becuase it isn't really notable for the game. A lot of games have barrles rolling down that the player has to avoid, such as in Star Fox Adventures, and is really an old gaming cliché such as the exploding barrels and crate pushing, and I doubt Namco was directly referring to Donkey Kong when they designed it. Referring to the game Asteroids - every Star Fox game, let alone every space shooter game, has a level or a portion of a level where you shoot asteroids. Its space - your gonna run into them, although in actuality that many asteroids on-screen isn't really indicitive of real space. I saw no need to refer to both games here, so that's why I removed it. Thunderbrand 17:07, July 12, 2005 (UTC)
One vs. Three Year(s) after Adventures
The main site says that Adventures was one year before Assault, sadly it's a Flash page, so you'll have to follow my instructions to get there. Go to the main website, [www.starfox.com], then enter the site. Click the center of the page to skip over ROB talking to you, then click the text that says "Skip Intro". Once you're at the main page, click the small blue light on the left of the Lylat system hologram, which represents the planet Sauria. On the left panel, it talks about how Sauria was invaded by General Scales, one year ago. -- VederJuda 01:46, 5 January 2006 (UTC)
I don't think listing the voice cast is really neccessary here. The actors are already listed at the character pages. Thunderbrand 02:31, 18 May 2006 (UTC)
This is very good, a few things to do before it gets the status;
- start a development section. You already have some material, like the aparite creatures being borg that can be put in there. not sure how hard it will be to do, so start it up!
- create middle paragraph in lead briefly explaining the plot.
- set up a ==Plot and setting== section like Final Fantasy VI, with setting, characters and plot sections, that will allow more game info in a proper out of universe format.
- get the instruction manual to reference the gameplay section, tons of primary source material can be found in it.
And you'll be set! Great article! You should take it to FA when its done here. Judgesurreal777 05:37, 24 August 2006 (UTC)
- Okay, I will see to it. The development of the game might be hard to source, though. I haven't seen much on the internet or anywhere detailing the dev. phases. Thunderbrand 23:47, 24 August 2006 (UTC)
- I'm not sure it can go through without at least some development info....that's pretty basic for an article of this type. If i let it go through without it, a challenge may be mounted to its status....
take some time, see if you can put together at least a small development section, and then use a game instruction manual and reference the gameplay section. Your doing great, so keep trying! Judgesurreal777 17:14, 25 August 2006 (UTC)
- After doing some super scrounging the net, I managed to add a development section. The instruction manual has been referenced, and your other suggestions were added. Thunderbrand 04:36, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
This is a Good Article
Fantastic job, short but very, very good article. Judgesurreal777 15:15, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks very much. It was a lot of work but it paid off. Also I would like to thank the editors who helped fix-up the article in the process. Thunderbrand 17:21, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
The section on aparoids should be trimmed and added to characters, it seems logical. Judgesurreal777 05:36, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- I'll see what I can do. Thunderbrand 22:58, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- I am impressed by how much better it looks this way. :) Judgesurreal777 23:21, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- Go to GameFAQ's and find out. Thunderbrand 13:01, 30 September 2006 (UTC)
Whoever keeps putting "the multiplayer portion is considered to be one of the weaker aspects of the game" needs to stop. This is STRICTLY AN OPINION, and one I personally do not share, no matter how many people think this, or how many sources you have that state this OPINION. Wikipedia is meant to present FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. You can put this on your own website as much as you wish, but IT DOES NOT BELONG HERE. -Anony
- I see no problem with it. By your opinion, we should completely remove the whole "reception" part. Thunderbrand 15:23, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
OK then, why not put it there where it belongs? If there is a "reception" section, it obviously needs to be there. The article really shouldn't have any opinionated statements about the game unless they're in that section. -Anony
- Alright. I removed the sentence, which was pretty much covered by a similar statement. Thunderbrand 01:46, 9 October 2006 (UTC)
I agree with Anony about multiplayer not sucking, in fact , next to smash bros, I consider it the best multiplayer game PEROID. So why does everyone hate it? I like it. then again I like shadow too... 22.214.171.124 01:53, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
- Yes, I agree with you, the multiplayer is excellent, but everyone keeps dissing it. Sebastian32 01:17, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
|This article, or a portion of it, was copyedited by the League of Copyeditors. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the project and see a list of open tasks.|
Never played this game but in real life 'apoptosis' is not a chemical, but a biological process. If in the game, it refers to a chemical, then the wikification of the word 'apoptosis' in this article should be removed. --Seans Potato Business 15:09, 30 September 2007 (UTC)
GAN Review: Sweeps
This article has been put on hold and may be delisted as part of the WP:GAPQ/S. The following issues have been found:
- Multiplayer and gamplay, as well as regional differences is entirely uncited.
- The Story section is too long.
As part of Wikipedia:WikiProject Good articles/Project quality task force/Sweeps, this article was found to not meet GA criteria. As the article still does not meet WP:GA?, the article has been boldly delisted. You can renominate at WP:GAN once you feel it meets criteria. Thank you, Der Wohltemperierte Fuchs (talk) 23:40, 23 March 2008 (UTC)
Prior to the release of Star Fox Assault, there were numerous rumbling amongst the inner circle of Star Fox fans that there were some crippling bugs and errors in the original version of Star Fox that eventually lead to most of the game having to be redone/reprogrammed. Does anyone have any further information on this, by chance? It is quite interesting to compare some of the earliest footage with the later development, and to compare both to the actual game; there are definitely significant changes amongst the three.Fox P McCloud (talk) 08:13, 4 March 2009 (UTC)