|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|WikiProject Biography||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Martial arts||(Rated Start-class)|
I have removed the remarks, which I agree may have been too personal.
I rated the article and fixed the categories (there is a system to them). There may be a couple of others he belongs in. What are his ranks in Judo, Aikido and Karate - instructor rank does not say very much.Peter Rehse 02:43, 11 January 2007 (UTC)
The sources are still not mentioned. 22.214.171.124 10:10, 11 January 2007 (UTC)
We will leave it as it is right now. I'll follow up when I get to Japan in the spring.
I have added the Controversy section. I will be adding footnotes and refernces to it as I learn how to do them. I have quite a few citations from the Nagoya University law school and also to the criminal code of Japan. Please note - I have the subjects permission to write this entry.
I am leaving for Japan on 25th March so I will gather the relevant information and pickup when I get back. I already have two confirmed sources. I will also be visiting Nagoya University.
- I attempted to Wikify the article in order to "make it better" or read more like an encyclopedia entry. I edited some of the wordings/wiki tags- these can be left simply as the names (or headings) of the articles- leaving the clarity of meaning to those exterior articles. Sources other than Mr. Bellamy's website on Shinto Muso Ryu and other Wikipedia articles would be nice as well.
I have removed material from this article that does not comply with our policy on the biographies of living persons. Biographical material must always be referenced from reliable sources, especially negative material. Negative material that does not comply with that must be immediately removed. Note that the removal does not imply that the information is either true or false.
Please do not reinsert this material unless you can provide reliable citations, and can ensure it is written in a neutral tone. Please review the relevant policies before editing in this regard. Editors should note that failure to follow this policy may result in the removal of editing privileges.--Scott Mac 23:01, 10 December 2010 (UTC)
- Please don't abitariliy remove an important section without discussing the matter. I have direct permission from the subjext of the article (Steven Bellamy) to add that material ( He does not objct to it's inclusion.) and the case is well documented in Japanese court records. I have the Court transcript if you wish to see it.Ynambu (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 17:37, 11 December 2010 (UTC).
- As with all Wikipedia editing I will go through an escalating discussion. Here's the first level. Please explain to me what I should do to add back the section we are discussing. Also please do not threaten me with blocking. I am a reasonable guy and I don't want to go through arbitration etc. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ynambu (talk • contribs) 19:32, 11 December 2010 (UTC)
- See the pages I've linked to WP:RS and WP:BLP. You need to be able to provide quality reliable sources, particularly for negative claims.--Scott Mac 20:01, 11 December 2010 (UTC)
Reliable references for BLP
This article has three references: Steven Bellamy is not mentioned in them. Bellamy is a well known martial artist: does someone have a reliable references for him? jmcw (talk) 13:33, 18 November 2013 (UTC)
- I note you say you are studying Shindo Muso Ryu with Pascal Kreiger. Then simply ask him for a reference about Steven Bellamy. They trained Jodo and Judo together in thee 70's in Tokyo. He doesn't do interviews or other self promotion events like other so called éxperts. Ynambu (talk) 16:39, 18 November 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for your attention to my personal life. Pleae do not blank this talk page again.. Any conversation I have with Pascal is no more a wp:reliable source than any conversation you have with Steven. We need references published in reliable journals and books. jmcw (talk) 11:33, 19 November 2013 (UTC)