Talk:Stomp box

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Should this be merged with effects unit? I'm of two minds on this. Andrewa 00:46, 14 Nov 2003 (UTC)

I think this should be left as is, to differentiate from rack-mounted effects units. Theanthrope 20:14, 14 Nov 2003 (UTC)
What about effects pedal? That seems like a pretty similar topic, at least to the unitiated like myself.--Joel 18:17, 8 May 2005 (UTC)
  • There should be a merge. Effects unit is a more general term, but Effects pedal and Stomp box are the same. Friday 21:35, 15 July 2005 (UTC)

  • Stomp boxes are sources of sound, like an instrument it is at the beginning of the signal chain. An Effects pedal accepts a source input like a Guitar, and modifies it in some way. ST (talk) 16:58, 30 March 2008 (UTC)
  • Just now, my american friend was very surpriced, when he take a look at this site. We were discussing about electric guitar, so he took look here to know what is stompbox. Foe guitarists, just metal box with some effect is know as stompbox not this wooden one. Take a lok at google images and see, how many effects pedals is there (and how many percussion ones).I also checked guitar-amp companies such as Bos, Digitech etc. All of them talk about stompbox=guitar effect pedal ...

En.infernal 09:18, 28 August 2009 (CET)

The term "stomp box" has two different meaning. One is a foot-controlled effects processor, typically used with guitar. That's not what this article is about. It's about something different: a musical instrument. This article, about this foot-operated percussion instrument, is not relevent to the effects box article, except that it's appropriate in both articles to reference the other, as a different defenition. — Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk) 14:48, 9 April 2012 (UTC)